Thread: Camcorder Compatible with Macbook Pro MC724 iLife'11.

Camcorder Compatible with Macbook Pro MC724 iLife'11.

Hello guys I need your suggestion to purchase the new HD camcorder, which should work Macbook Pro MC724 on which I am having OS X snow leopard and iLIFE'11. If the Mac Pro doesn’t support the MPEG4 files then please tell me Mac Pro support which other video files format. Well I need a camcorder which should work well in the low light and records audio with high quality with good optical zoom. Please help me out.

re: Camcorder Compatible with Macbook Pro MC724 iLife'11.

Thanks mate for posting this query because I am also looking for a good camcorder which should have good compatibility with Mac Snow Leopard, and have great video and sound recording quality. And the recorded files should be supported by the Mac. If you guys have any such list of camcorders please share here. iLIFE’09 had many “Visual stabilization limitations”, that’s why think the list of camcorders is very small which are compatible with the iLife’11.

Well iMovie11 is capable of stabilizing the shaky pictures on all. But the camera which are suing CMOS image censor often use a technology called a “rolling shutter” and on that if you use the iMovie11 video stabilization for editing you will get the distorted result. So dude don’t use iMovie built in stabilization feature. Or use the tripod while shooting. Or use some other program for the stabilization, because iLife’11 will give you distorted result.

Well dude for Mac Pro most of the Hard drive based camcorders work fine with the iMovie. Well I can’t suggest you which camcorder you should purchase but at least don’t go for the Plague because it puts video directly on the DVD. And all of us know that DVD is the finished result. And it will become very difficult for us to edit the raw footage without having to convert that raw footage to DV or to some other familiar format.

Well dude you have to take care of the all the given points provided from the above users. And most important thing is the don’t purchase a DVD camcorder you have to purchase the HDD camcorder to export video files directly to the Mac Pro. You can easily find those camcorder on the Apple site under the help section of iMovie and then under the cameras it will give the variety of choices from companies to the type of camcorder. Hope you will find most compatible camcorder there.

Re: Camcorder Compatible with Macbook Pro MC724 iLife'11.

Well guys well first of all thanks a lot for helping me out, I visited the Apple site and performed the search as you guys have said and got many options now searching for the reviews for those camcorders. Anyways, thanks a lot guys for your valuable suggestions on this thread else I would have purchased some DVD camcorder, HDD camcorder is the thing for which I was looking for and surely I will buy a tripod woth my camcorder. Thank you,