Thread: Toshiba NoteBook NB200 series Windows is not booting

Toshiba NoteBook NB200 series Windows is not booting

The Toshiba Notebook NB200 series laptop of mine is just few months old. The notebook is working fine but the only problem is while it is starting. Every time I boot my laptop, it goes through a blue screen for few seconds with some message (not sure about it.) Later it will go to the screen where it will ask about the mode in which I wish to start my laptop (safe mode, normal mode or last known configuration). Does anyone have any suggestions regarding this matter? Please help me get out of this trouble.

re: Toshiba NoteBook NB200 series Windows is not booting

These problems are usually caused if there is some sort of problems with the hard drive of the laptop. Normally incomplete and useless links and shortcuts may cause this problem. So I would suggest you to perform disk checking (chkdsk.)But remember that this option usually takes many hours to get completed. And interrupting the process in middle could lead to more problems in your hard disk. You need to go to the Start button > Run > type “cmd” in the text field and click on OK button. Command prompt will appear. Type chkdsk and hit enter. Let the process get completed.

All these problems can also be caused because of some malicious germs or viruses in your system. So I would suggest you to install very good antivirus software in your system. AVAST and AVG are the best free antivirus softwares available in the market at present. Download the latest version of any of these antiviruses from their official website and install them in your system. Once you have installed the Antivirus, first make sure you have selected auto update option and second you have made a schedule scan for your system. Keep your antivirus updated and perform full system scanning form time to time.

I would suggest you to perform System Restore and roll back your notebook to the instance when your HP Notebook NB200 was working smoothly without any problems. But remember that performing system restore will delete all the saved applications and update after the date of restore point, permanently. You can perform System Restore by doing the following.
    • Go to: Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.
    • Double click the System restore option to start the application.
    • Now select the restore point to which you want to store your system to. And then click on Next button.
    • Now your system will take some time to perform the action. Confirm Restarting your system when it is prompted for it.

The problem can be caused because of some corrupt registry entries. So it can be solved by performing registry cleaning. Many third party softwares are available in market which can easily help the users perform registry cleaning. You can make use of TuneUp Utilities or CCleaner applications toperform registry cleaning. Search for them on Internet and download the softwares from their respective official website. Install them by following the on-screen instructions and perform the necessary task once you have installed the application.

Re: Toshiba NoteBook NB200 series Windows is not booting

Hey guys thank you a ton. You people are just amazing. It was so kind and generous of everyone of you to stop by my post and then make those efforts to write down the solution just to make sure that my problem gets solved in time. I am super impressed with everyone of you who are so generous to help everyone who ask for help from you guys. You people just act like a life saver for many of us. I am just overwhelmed with your helpful nature. Thank you a lot.