Thread: Sony rejected VAT refund on Sony VAIO.

Sony rejected VAT refund on Sony VAIO.

Guys I have recently bought a Sony VAIO, I heard about its features and functionality and the site have given me the VAT refund element that was the major factor to decide the produce. And I immediately filled the given form and sent it back. But they have replied the rejection of my refund in revert letter they sent back to me. I don’t have any receipt because I have sent everything with the form. I hope it’s not a spam from Sony, guys what you think? What should I do now?

Re: Sony rejected VAT refund on Sony VAIO.

Well guys I have heard about this kind of problem, same thing happened with my cousin. He bought this from the web site after watching the VAT refund product ad and he didn’t got the refund because his model was not included in the list of product on which VAT refund scheme was applicable so I think same thing happened with you, Can you tell me which model you have purchased? First check the list is it there in their scheme?

Thanks a lot for replying so quickly, I don’t how to find the list of VAT back products. Mine is VPCEB3X5E, it’s a powerful machine with i7 processor and everything else is also fits to my needs. I don’t understand why the Sony hide this information from me and why they have taken my receipt. I am still waiting for my 270$ which I expected to get back on the machine. Still there is no confirmation from the Sony why they have rejected my VAT refund.

Well dude according to me your laptop Sony VAIO VPCEB3X5E is not included in the list of VAT refund scheme. I have searched a bit on Google and I have found that only the following models are included in the VAT back products VPCEE3Z0E/BQ, VPCS13V9E/B, VPCM13M1E/P, VPCL14S1E/S, VPCL13M1E/S. I hope all the websites , retailers and the salesman of Sony products are honest about the information.

I had also seen same kind of ad on the Amazon website “Get the VAT Back with Sony” and I purchased a Sony HDTV from the Amazon and then I sent off the claim for my VAT refund with all the relevant papers. But in the reply my claim was rejected. First, they have told me that my TV model was not covered in the products which were in the scheme of VAT back. And then they told me that I had make my claims within the 30 days which I crossed. I really feeling very cheated, never expected such kind of scam from Sony.

First of all thanks a lot guys for helping me out on this query I just checked out all the check lists and I have found out that my laptop model is not on the list, but then why the other web sites and Sony displaying these products under the VAT refund page. I must say very clever! Sony must have done a lot of business by selling products on the particular page where users think all the products are under the Scheme of VAT refund I am really disappointed with Sony, never thought Sony could use such kind of Business strategy.