Thread: Unable to install Windows XP in Toshiba Portege R700

Unable to install Windows XP in Toshiba Portege R700

Hello everyone just a small matter that I would like to discuss it with you all. The thing is that I have the Toshiba Portege R700 and I want to install windows xp and whenever I try to install the operating system in it then I get an system lockup message with the bsod, I know it is a very strange problem, I have the SSD and not the normal hard disk in my system and I probably think there are no supported drivers for the ssd and hence it is failing to accept the operating system in it. So tell me where else can I find the supporting drivers for the ssd in my system? I hope you all will answer this question for me.

Re: Unable to install Windows XP in Toshiba Portege R700

Yes you are absolutely correct and the problem is indeed with the drivers itself, since your system does not have a supported driver and hence it is giving you such issues that you are facing it right now, well the drivers can be probably found in any of the Microsoft websites and also in the ssd manufacturers website. So you will get the appropriate information there only, so I hope you have got the necessary information on this topic. In case if you have any doubt then do let me know about it.

Yes I absolutely agree with above user the necessary drivers for the laptop you will probably get in the manufacturers website only, haven’t you got a installation CD for the SSD then why don’t you install the drivers for the SSD, the drivers also are present in the CD and hence if you are having the installation CD/DVD then you can get it from there itself. So you can try out this suggestion as well, so hope you have got the necessary information.

Well you will need to specify the necessary information like the model number and also the necessary location for the product and then only you will get the desired information about the drivers from the manufacturer’s website. See if your R700 is not a USA model then you will have to specify more additional information like PT310U-01Q01Q. so I hope you have understood what I am trying to say here. Do feel free to ask some more questions if you have any other doubt.

Why don’t you have a talk with the Toshiba support staff I think they will be the perfect persons in such situation to answer out the query, so I hope you have understood what I am trying to say here, believe me the support staff of Toshiba is really cool and they will get you some quick solutions for the problem and I had good experiences with them, so that’s why I am recommending the solution for all of you. Do have a talk with them they will assist you in the problem.

Ok, I did get the necessary drivers that I was looking for and I must say that the laptop is running perfectly now and there is no such issues of bsod here. So that’s what I want to say here, thanks for all the support and the dedication that you have given me in this problem it has really helped me a lot believe me it was really very needful for me. so thanks a lot for the help. I must really appreciate your efforts in the same.