Thread: Touchpad mouse control turns on automatically with Satellite A665

Touchpad mouse control turns on automatically with Satellite A665

Hi everyone, I am using the Toshiba Satellite A665 and there is one feature into it where if I drag on the right side otherwise top then a scroll feature turns on. But I found that it get enabled automatically without any notifications. It doesn’t matter whether I am on the touchpad. Is there someone else who is having the same issue or is it only me who is facing this? Please help me if you can from your posts. I will be thankful to all the replies.

Re: Touchpad mouse control turns on automatically with Satellite A665

I have the solution for you. If you want to change the functions of the touchpad then you will have to go to the Control Panel and then open the mouse settings. In that you will have to select the 'Advanced' tab which is there at the top. Once you got there then you will have to click the 'Advanced feature settings' that will give you the possibility to control functions for the touchpad. I hope that this will be helpful to you.

There is possibility that the Windows Update have been changed the driver of the touchpad which is supplied from the Toshiba. So you need to ensure that Windows Update has not modified driver for Toshiba supplied touchpad. If you get that true then you will have to update the driver to the latest version available and see if that can resolve the problem. If it is due to the driver issue then it will surly let you out of the issue but make sure that you have chosen the proper driver.

Is this issue started recently? If that is the case then you can make of the “System Restore” utility that is there in the windows. Select the date when your system was working properly without any problem. And restore your computer to that point. Once the system is completed with the restore process then it will restart the computer and you will get your computer back in working condition. I did the same when I was getting some similar issue and this helped me and I hope that this will do the same for you as well.

I would like to tell you that there is one BIOS setting in your computer from where you will be able to switch off the Touchpad and that will disable this option from it. You will have to just select the disable option and save the changes. So just see for any such setting in the BIOS and check if you get the portion to disable it. I wish that you will get that settings soon and you will be out of the issue without any trouble.

For the exact reason or solution for this problem then you should contact Toshiba support and ask them about the problems that you are getting. They are the people that I can tell you what is the exact reason for the question that you are getting and how it can solve. Please reply to this message with the response he received from them so it will be useful for those people who are with the same problem.