Thread: HP envy 14 is having unresponsive Trackpad.

HP envy 14 is having unresponsive Trackpad.

Hello everyone, I was very excited when I bought new HP Envy 14, it was only 3 days before I bought it, when I was looking at some BIOS settings after finishing it when I entered in at that I came to know that the touchpad was completely unresponsive, immediately I try to search on the internet but not getting any answer. Guys it is just 3 days and I have not changed any setting yet. So how can it be possible? Please help me I am not getting what to do as I am frustrated a lot. Thanks a lot in advance for your replies.

Re: HP envy 14 is having unresponsive Trackpad.

Hey friend I have seen you many time on this forum, before buying such thing at least you must read the reviews. Anyway I have some solution for you and see whether it is working for you or not.
    • Get into the recovery manager, find synaptic driver
    • After doing uninstall, reinstall it again.
    • Download the new driver from HP

try this, I think this will solve your problem. All the Best!

Hello friends, well there is nothing to worry, when I was suffering from the same problem, I have also tried the same steps, but I was not that lucky that time so unfortunately it didn’t work for me. After that I spoke to a customer representative, I gave him serial number everything they needed but they didn’t do anything at that time. And then they gave me replacement of the same series with better performance. I love HP for this reason. So just do one thing log complaint in HP they will give you replacement. So All the Best!

Hello everyone, I also would like to tell you one funny thing which I experienced with the same error. When I was suffering through the same problem, I did nothing just log a complaint in HP, meanwhile for the model serial number I removed battery from it. After that when I again restarted it, it was working properly from that time I have never felt error related to Trackpad. So guys after this funny experience I can conclude that the actual solution is to remove battery of the laptop and again restart it. So those who are having the problem just try it. If you feel it is quite working then do reply to me.

Hello, I also want to share one important information about the Trackpad. Guys do you know that Trackpad can be disable and enable? If you are facing such error then Trackpad must be disabled. Trackpad is disabled when light in upper left corner is lit, just tap on this light until it gets switch off. After that again tap on that light till it get turn on, it mean that now Trackpad is turned on. After that check that the touch screen is responding properly or not. All the Best.

Hello friends, I just wanted to say thanks to you all. After reading your post, I tried the method which is mentioned in above 1st post, but unfortunately it’s all gone in vain. After that when I came to know that, HP Company is giving replacement for HP Envy 14 to those who are having issues. And that removing battery method was also an option for me. So I just used took a chance and I tried that method and it worked for me. so guys thanks a lot and enjoy the technology.