Thread: Toshiba Satellite A665-S6057 won't allow BIOS access

Toshiba Satellite A665-S6057 won't allow BIOS access

Well I am suing the Toshiba Satellite A665-S6057 from last few days and the thing here is that from last night I was not able to start the same and also the laptop does not boot neither on CD nor the hard drive or on removable media. At the start there is more possibility to access the bios or select a choice of boot. There is no information that can afford it on the screen. Delete keys or the keys F1 through F12 do nothing. In fact I am not able to get the BIOS access on the same so please help out of the same and let me know what I can do to get rid of this issue.

Re: Toshiba Satellite A665-S6057 won't allow BIOS access

Well this is not the first time that I have noticed that the laptop is not showing the bios of its own. So what I want you to do here is that just try and press the following keys on your keyboard on startup and see what happens:
    • F10
    • F12
    • CTRL + ESC
    • CTRL + F2
    • CTRL + F10
    • CTRL + F12

I hope that the above key combination will certainly help you out.

You can also access the BIOS of Toshiba by pressing "Esc" key at startup of the machine, i.e when you will appear on the screen the symbol of Toshiba. Once the "Esc" to support the machine will ask you to press the "X" to enter the BIOS, generally it is the key "F1", but it is not obvious. I am sure that it will help you to get rid of the problem and you will definitely able to get an access on the BIOS to which you are looking out.

Try removing the battery and boot your computer just by plugging the power sector, if ok gently raises your laptop and return the battery, and if that does not work, then opens the machine and remove the CPU if you achieved then reconnect it, because it proves that the machine may have suffered a shock PTI while traveling while working, these displacements can sometimes caused abrupt interruptions CPU and may give you the problems which you are facing now.

Toshiba's laptops are serious, I doubt that a manufacturer such as Toshiba have failed to access the bios via the keys consult the manual in downloadable PDF format on the site according to your model of Toshiba laptop, you will have complete information on accessing bios often is a function key F1-F10 or a key combination like ESC and if still nothing happens I want you to consult the Toshiba help centre and then let them know the actual problem faced by you. I am sure you will be helped with the same.

I removed the battery for about 3 min plugged everything back in order and so on. And nothing! Then nothing but the PC is running but nothing appears even more windows. I feel that the PC does not start the disc drive does not turn. I am scared that everything is messed up there. Especially my 2 disc drive is a bit old and FDI so even if I bought a PC how to retrieve the data of knowing that many disc everything is SATA. Finally we're not there yet is another matter. Would you have one solve my first problem?

found that on the Toshiba A665-S6086 the ctrl-F2 combo worked.