Thread: Multimedia function, Wi-Fi and eco mode buttons not working in Toshiba satellite A665-S6056

Multimedia function, Wi-Fi and eco mode buttons not working in Toshiba satellite A665-S6056

From last 6 months my Toshiba satellite A665-S6056 was working perfectly fine. But from yesterday night it has started showing up many Multimedia issues. The Wi-Fi and the eco mode buttons have started showing this annoying problem. They turn On and Off as per their wish, without me touching them. Sometimes the Volume keys would turn off or mute on itself. The laptop is running 64 bit Windows 7 OS. Please help me regarding this issue. What should I do to solve the problem?

re: Multimedia function, Wi-Fi and eco mode buttons not working in Toshiba satellite A665-S6056

You should first check whether your laptop is under some kind of malicious germs or virus attack or not. Perform a complete scan of your system with the help of an updated antivirus and delete the infectious files if detected any. There can be chances that some virus attack might have caused this problem in your laptop. Also check for any recent updates or application installed in your system. You might have installed something which must be hampering the performance and normal functioning of your laptop. If that’s the case, than get rid of the application or update or else you will have to stay with this problem.

re: Multimedia function, Wi-Fi and eco mode buttons not working in Toshiba satellite A665-S6056

According to me the problem is caused due to some driver issue. You should probably update all the drivers concerning the multimedia functions, Wi-Fi and keyboard. Visit the following link of the official website of Toshiba support and download the related drivers. http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t...ily=1073768663 Select the Operating system as Windows 7 (64 bit) and select the drivers you wish to install.Toshiba Video Player, Toshiba Media Controller, Toshiba DVD Player, Toshiba Remote Control Manager are the Multimedia drivers for your laptop. Search for all the drivers and install them.

You should try Hard Reset and checkout whether the problem still exists or not. Follow these steps to perform Hard Reset:
    1. Disconnect the AC adapter connections and Remove the battery of your Toshiba satellite A665-S6056 laptop.
    2. Unplug the LAN wire, Printer, Scanner, USB stick, WI-FI, external mouse and keyboards, Bluetooth devices etc.
    3. Tap the power button and hold it for 30 seconds. By doing this you are removing the remaining electrical charges in the capacitors, thus removing the protection of the memory.
    4. Re-insert the battery and connect the laptop to the AC adapter. Don’t connect other devices.
    5. Now Start up the laptop.

There is some hardware problem with your Toshiba satellite A665-S6056 laptop. That is why is has started malfunctioning. You should contact the computer store from whom you bought your laptop and give your laptop to them for repair. But I would recommend you to visit the official website of Toshiba Support and locate the nearest Service Center. You can visit the following link and fill the option according to your location and check which center is closest to you.
    http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t....jsp?subs=tais
    Contact the Service center and submit your laptop for repair. If it is still within warranty then the repair will be completely free.

Re: Multimedia function, Wi-Fi and eco mode buttons not working in Toshiba satellite A665-S6056

Thank you, whoever did the favor of stopping by my thread and posting your suggestions just to help some stranger like me. It was very kind of everyone of you. And most important, I liked the replies, they were exactly the same as I wanted and was hoping for. Thanks for the detailed solution and those useful links. You guys just came as a life saver for me. Finally I have submitted my laptop for repairing and has given it to the Toshiba Service Center near my area. And will be getting gully functional, flawless laptop once again.

Re: Multimedia function, Wi-Fi and eco mode buttons not working in Toshiba satellite A665-S6056

Quote Originally Posted by Iroquois View Post
    You should try Hard Reset and checkout whether the problem still exists or not. Follow these steps to perform Hard Reset:
    1. Disconnect the AC adapter connections and Remove the battery of your Toshiba satellite A665-S6056 laptop.
    2. Unplug the LAN wire, Printer, Scanner, USB stick, WI-FI, external mouse and keyboards, Bluetooth devices etc.
    3. Tap the power button and hold it for 30 seconds. By doing this you are removing the remaining electrical charges in the capacitors, thus removing the protection of the memory.
    4. Re-insert the battery and connect the laptop to the AC adapter. Don’t connect other devices.
    5. Now Start up the laptop.

This suggestion worked for me. I have a Satellite M645-S4050, and I was having the problem of my quick start buttons for eco-mode, wireless, and volume control not working, as well as my function key not working. When I followed the instructions above, it completely fixed it. So definitely try this before sending it off for repair.