Thread: Coby MID7015: link2sd partition not found

Coby MID7015: link2sd partition not found

To load programs into SD I have installed link2SD that needs a second ext2 partition on SD. My tablet is entrenched and I have attempted two dissimilar ways to make a familiar partition, using MiniTool partition wizard and utilizing Ubuntu, in both cases the panel was shaped productively but was not recognized by the tablet. In fact one time partitioned any of both partitions was documented. Link2SD displays a message saying that the partition not establish. The SD is a Kingston 16 GB class 2. Anyone have any idea what the mistake I made and what the solution for this?

Re: Coby MID7015: link2sd partition not found

You are going to have to attempt partitioning the /nand mount. From this tip, I am not accountable for anything that occurs to your tablet. Attach the tablet to your computer. Choose internal storage from the notification part. On the pc, in a fatal, run 'sudo umount /media/disk' (or anywhere it mounts it) utilize your partitioning tool to repartition at a standstill connected nand. Run mke2fs on the novel partition.

My sympathetic is that one of the troubles with Eclair is that the applications are being loaded into the interior memory, very partial in space, and not having the choice to setup it or move it to de SD card. As I knew that utilizing Froyo that is probable (my Samsung phone is running below Android 2.2), I have investigated for an application which may permit it for Eclair. I finished finding Link2SD; this application is taking progress of the space in the SD but needs that the SD has to be partitioned.

Here I just add something in this case. The link2sd dev is quite responsive. If you PM him regarding the trouble, he might be able to help. Somebody just has to experiment with the scripts so that the point to the accurate swelled locations. There is as well a technique out there to repartition the interior flash memory of TCC8902 devices. I not at all concerned with figuring it out though. Somebody needs to look into FWDN.

I can perform this but I previously attempted repartition /nand with FDW and it didn’t work out for me, possibly missing Nand_data.fai. I will attempt with ADB but we want to make one more ext2 ext3 or fat32 500 MB partition and bind to SD-Ext. little composite for me but will attempt, If you have a few plan please comment. I truly wish to make this, which would be remarkable! Could resize /nand partition giving me 500 MB free but cannot make new ´partition "MiniTool partition wizard cannot make a novel partition on this detachable dis. If you need to make lot of partition on this removable disk, you want to remove all the partition first"

Utilizing the Disk Utility in Ubuntu 10.10, I have formatted the /Nand by means of the 4 ways obtainable:
    1. Master Boot Record
    2. GUID Partition Tablet
    3. Don't partition (just one which works, but cannot make any partitions)
    4. Apple Partition Map

Even with no making a partition, the Kyros would not identify the /Nand except it is formatted utilizing 'Don't partition' which just marks the complete disk as idle. This is as well the similar for a 16 GB micro SD card which I utilized. Looks like /Nand is just a different SD card soldered straight into the Kyros?