Thread: Sound driver for HP Compaq DC 7700.

Sound driver for HP Compaq DC 7700.

Hello guys I have a HP Compaq DC 7700 machine, and I recently downloaded some files from the internet and those files where containing the viruses so I had format my system to remove all the virus came from those files. After formatting the system I didn’t find my recovery CD. So I have downloaded all the drivers trough an driver software. But my system is not recognizing the sound driver, so guys can you tell me what should I do to get back sound on the system.

Re: Sound driver for HP Compaq DC 7700.

Well dude you can download the Audio drivers from the Realtek website. These are the general drivers fot the audio IC’s in all the machines. These are the most widely used drivers but these drivers may not support or offer the customization to you made by the manufacturer of your system or motherboard manufacturer. But to get the full featured and customization level you can download the latest drivers from your system manufacturer’s web site.

Well dude Realtek is most widely used but I will recommend you the Sigmatel High Definition Audio Codec, I am saying that with the personal experience. I am using Sigmatel from last one year and I didn’t faced any problem after formatting the system because many times even after installing the realtek drivers I was not able to get the sound so I had to format my system all over again but I didn’t faced any such problem with the Sigmatel.

Well dude I will recommend you the Realtek AC’97 Drivers and the application I am having Windows XP. It’s standard feature are like high-quality sound, full-duplex audio and the surround sound support. Full-duplex sound means it can record sound at the same time it can also play the other audio. And it has automatic detection feature in the latest version i.e. latest jack sensing technology. You just have to plug in the device at it will play the sound on that device.

Buddy from the post it will be clear to you that you have to download the drivers from the Realtek but don’t download the Realtek AC’97 because this for older versions of Windows for Windows Vista and windows 7 you should download the Realtek High Definition Audio codec, from the name it will be clear to you that it’s a HD sound driver. So definitely it will be having large number of advanced feature over the Realtek AC’97.

Thanks a lot guys for taking concern on my query and for providing me variety of options for the sound driver. I have heard a lot about the Realtek drivers, I have never looked which audio driver was installed in my system. But after reading the above posts I am definitely going for the realtek High Definition Audio Codec. Because as the above user said that this has most advanced features for sound. Anyways, guys thanks a lot for helping me out.