Thread: Windows 7 64-bit: unable to install HP LaserJet 5000n printer.

Windows 7 64-bit: unable to install HP LaserJet 5000n printer.

Hello everyone on this forum, I am facing some problem with my HP LaserJet 5000n printer. I am using Pc at my office in which I have installed Windows 7 64-bit, and I recently I have bought an HP LaserJet 5000n printer at my office. I connected it from parallel to USB cable. I have done each and everything properly then too I don’t know why it is not getting installed. Why there is always problem in 64-bit system? So can anyone help me with this problem, I am waiting for you all to reply to my post. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Windows 7 64-bit: unable to install HP LaserJet 5000n printer.

Hello guys, hey friend I have seen what your problem is? Actually every 64-bit user has some problem in software installation or any other technical error. Well looking at your problem, according to me you must try HP website, as per my knowledge HP doesn’t provide specific driver for Windows 7 64-bit, when you will visit website then you will come to know that there are 3 universal drives are available there on website. Drives are as follows
    • HP Universal print driver for Windows PCL5 X64
    • HP Universal print driver for Windows PCL6 X64
    • HP Universal print driver for Windows Post script X64

I think you must download PCL 6 for you it will solve your problem. All the Best!

Hi all, that’s perfectly true in above post, when you download PCL6 driver for your printer keep in mind that you install it, your printer must be plugged in. if you unplug the printer then it will give you problem, when you will install without plugging in, then after installation the drives will disappear from the laptop as well as from the printer list. It will give you a exclamation mark icon which indicates that there is a problem in installation of driver. Even it will not troubleshoot your problem itself. So beware of this kind of problem and install the drivers, all the best!

Hello friends, I was having the same problem in my printer also. I have seen the same problem in almost every Windows 64-bit machine. Sometimes I think that the actual problem is 64-bit, Microsoft must do something with 64-bit driver support. Well somehow I have cleared my problem, just open printer in Control Panel, after that select HP from the Left side and scroll through the list which is in right side, and then install the driver from there, because Windows 7 have embedded drives for printers. So just try this it will solve your problem. do reply to this post if you solve your problem.

Yes my friend you are absolutely right. When I was having the same problem, I was tired of doing this again and again, even I tried to log a complain in HP as well as in Microsoft also. When I did the complain in both the company, I got the revert from HP, I was shocked after reading their reply. They have informed me that HP will no longer support LaserJet 5000n and also they will not provide recent updated driver for it. So my suggestions don’t use LaserJet 5000n printers. I am very disappointed from HP and you will also after reading this post. Thank you.

Hello friends, thanks a lot for your solutions. I tried every single step and up to some extent I have resolved my problem, and now I am facing too many issues in printing, at least I am able to print the pages. I have downloaded and installed the PCL6 X64bit, and thank god that it works properly. But I tried it with another technique. I installed it from Control Panel > add new drives, I browsed it and did it. so it is working for me. But I am very disappointed from HP. Thanks you all for the reply without you all it was not possible.