Thread: cannot find funciton keys on HP MINI 110

cannot find funciton keys on HP MINI 110

Hello friends, I am visiting this forum after a long time, but I know the problem solving method of the forum is still continues and even it is better. As I was outside for some days, mean while I have bought a HP laptop. It is HP MINI 110 series of laptop which I am using, and I am having one problem in that, I am not able to use function key as well as fn key from the laptop, actually I am not able to find it. so guys please help me for that, I am waiting for the reply of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: cannot find funciton keys on HP MINI 110

Hello, I have gone through to your problem, first of all I want to tell you that welcome back to forum again, actually I was missing you man, without you no one was there to ask such question. Well looking at your problem, it good that you have HP MINI 110; if you are asking for fn key then it is the 2nd key from left side in bottom. Just check out for that, this key is used for adjusting display brightness of screen of the laptop. So try and use all the option, enjoy the technology.

Hello guys, I am also using the same laptop, and I also want to share something about this function keys. I have seen your problem, actually this is not problem, and this comes from company itself. You are not able to use function key because, it has been disabled from BIOS, you just have to check for it and enable it again. When you buy from company, company gives you in disabled format. You will have to enable it. so don’t worry, and try to check it. All the Best!

Hello everyone, I also want to share some more information about the laptop. Yes, the above post is right; company gives function keys in disabled format. And if you want to change it, then go to BIOS setting by pressing “delete” key again and again during the start up of laptop. When you will enter the BIOS set up, there you will find System configuration, in that option you will be able to see the “action key mode” option, just enable it and save the settings and then reboot the laptop. You will find that your problem is solved. Thanks you and All the Best!

Hello guys, I know the problem is being solved but give additional information is not bad thing, I wanted to share that, you all might be knowing that, HP is going to release BIOS update to add the “fn” keys application to the arrow keys. I have tried the “hotkey_ext.exe” application but it is not working properly, those who are using HP MINI, they can use this software application. This application interferes with MSWORD, EXCEL etc. I thing the BIOS version of this is not supporting, so we must wait for the latest version to use this option for “fn” key. All the Best!

Hello everyone, I wanted to say thanks to you all for help, I knew it that I will find more and more solution for the every little problem, that is the main advantage of this forum, it will never disappoint you. Well I have done necessary changes to BIOS for the function keys and “fn” key also. I have come out of my problem. And now I am waiting for the latest version of BIOS to use the above mentioned software application. Thanks a lot to you all again.