Thread: Toshiba Qosmio X505 - Q880 fan is making excessive noise

Toshiba Qosmio X505 - Q880 fan is making excessive noise

Hey guys, I had purchased Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q880 laptop 2 months back which is running windows Vista in it. And within 2 months of normal use, Toshiba Qosmio X505 - Q880 laptop’s fan is making excessive noise. This nose is really annoying at times. I am a newbie so I am unable to find out what really must be causing my laptop’s fan to make such an excessive noise. If anyone knows the reason behind this unusual behavior of my laptop’s fan, than please tell me along with a solution to solve the issue. Please feel free to reply to my post and give your suggestions. Your suggestions and help will be appreciated.

Re: Toshiba Qosmio X505 - Q880 fan is making excessive noise

The fan of your laptop is making loud noises because lots of dirt and dust might have got accumulated near the exhaust fan area of your laptop. You need to clean that area and remove all those dirt and dust which has got accumulated. You can do that by blowing pressured air near the fan area, thus forcing the dust to blow out and clear the area. You must remember to keep your laptop clean form dusts. Also make a habit to clean your laptop’s fan area every now and then. This is one of the many reasons behind laptops getting heated up an moving loud fan noise.

Sometimes the fan starts making loud noise, when the resources are overused and are limited. It might be possible that the processes are utilizing almost all the available resources thus overheating your laptop. Overheating of laptop will increase the fan speed thus making things worst. So I would recommend you to delete the unnecessary running processes and releasing some of the resources. Also make sure that appropriate cooling is provided to your laptop.

Loud noise issue of your laptop’s fan can occur because of many reasons. Old drivers can also cause this problem to occur. So I would recommend you to update all your drivers, especially Motherboard driver, BIOS and if you wish to you can also update the sound and graphic card driver. An updated driver will enhance the performance of your hardware as well as the software installed in your laptop, thus giving you a problem free result.

As you have mentioned that its being just two months that you purchased your laptop and you have started with this issue, according to me there must be some hardware connection issue which must be causing your fan to make loud noise. So I would ask you to do the following few things like disconnecting your laptop from power source, removing the battery of your laptop and then open up laptop. After opening the laptop, remove the ram and fan carefully. Clean the Ram slot and the fan, its blades and everything. You can do that with the help of air blower or any soft cloth. Once you are done cleaning, attach all the parts properly and fix them well. Check whether the problem is solved.

Dude, you mentioned that your laptop is just two months old. What are you waiting for then? As its just 2 month old laptop, you must be having the warranty of your laptop. So you should claim your warranty and get your laptop checked and repaired. Just contact the nearest Toshiba Customer Support center and fix an appointment with the technical staff, so that they can check out what the real problem is in your laptop and get that problem solved. They would be the best people to get your problem solved. If you are unable to find any Toshiba store nearby, then you can submit your laptop to the retailer from whom you purchased the laptop and get your laptop fixed by them. All the repair charges will be completely free.