Thread: Wi-Fi network Adapter is not working in Toshiba Satellite L645D-S4056

Wi-Fi network Adapter is not working in Toshiba Satellite L645D-S4056

My friend had purchased Toshiba Satellite L645D-S4056 laptop, 2 months back, which is running Windows 7 Operating System in it. Everything was working perfectly fine until yesterday night. Now it has started showing off this particular problem with the Wireless (Wi-Fi) network adapter. It has stopped working. Does anyone know what must be causing this inappropriate behavior of wi-fi network adapter of my laptop? Please help me to rectify the problem and solve it permanently.

Re: Wi-Fi network Adapter is not working in Toshiba Satellite L645D-S4056

According to me some malicious germs or virus must have infected your system, which must have corrupted the files controlling the functioning of Wi-Fi network adapter of your laptop. It would be better of you perform complete scan of your system. If you are detecting any virus or something suspicious, delete them from your system or if possible try to heal the files, so that if they are some important files, you won’t have to delete them. Always remember to keep your antivirus or anti-malware updates and make it a habit to scan your laptop after periodic interval of time so that you can keep a track on the virus infection in your laptop.

I would recommend you to uninstall the current Wi-Fi network adapter driver installed in your laptop completely and then perform a fresh install of Wi-Fi network adapter in your laptop. Remember to Restart your laptop after you perform Uninstallation of the driver and also after you are done installing the driver again in your laptop. If you are installing the drivers from your Drivers CD then it would be better if you update your Wi-Fi network adapter driver along with other drivers to the latest available version. And if you are not making use of the CD then download the latest version of driver from the official website of Toshiba and install it in your laptop. Check whether the problem still exists after uninstalling/reinstalling the latest version of Wi-Fi network adapter drivers in your laptop.

I would recommend you to recover the original factory image using the utilities on your computer’s internal storage drive:
    1. Completely turn off your laptop.
    2. Now you have to Press and keep holding the 0 number key while you are powering on the laptop.
    3. Now the system will prompt for a choice between Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit OS. Select any one as per your choice. Or just skip to step 4.
    4. Now a warning screen will appear of the screen which will remind your that all the data will be deleted and rewritten on executing the recovery. Continue by clicking on Yes
    5. Select the “Recovery of Factory Default Software” from the “Toshiba Recovery Wizard” that appears on screen. Click Next to continue.
    6. Now you should select the “Recover to out-of-box state” from the “Recovery of Factory Default Software” window screen and click Next button.
    7. Again a confirmation message will be displayed, which will remind the user that all data will be permanently lost after the recovery process is completed.
    8. Click on Next button to start the recovery.
    9. Restart the computer. You can do so by pressing any key on the keyboard

You said that your friend purchased the laptop just two months back. So I would advise you to contact the nearest Toshiba Care Center and make an appointment to get your laptop fixed. The Toshiba Technical staff will be the best people who can solve your problem more efficiently. And if your laptop is still within the warranty period then you can get your laptop repaired by the Toshiba staff for free. Just hope you have not voided the warranty by performing those uninstallation/reinstallation or by any other ways.

Hey guys, thank you to everyone of you, who made those attempts to solve my problem. It was very sweet and kind of you people to look upon my problem and give your valuable suggestions to me. I tried the first two solution but it did not helped me solve the issue. The third one sounded to be too risky to me, so did not do that. Now, I am planning to submit the laptop directly to the Toshiba support Center to get the problem solved. And thanks again for reminding about the warranty thing, I had completely about that.