Thread: Does Nokia disregard T-Mobile?

Does Nokia disregard T-Mobile?

I have been doing various internet "research" to different smartphones and have exposed something rather strange. The only Nokia smartphone which works through T-Mobile USA's network is the Nokia N900. It really looks strange that T-Mobile probably be left out, particularly as the additional majors all have Nokia’s listed. It seems that it's just AT&T intended for smartphones.

Re: Does Nokia disregard T-Mobile?

If that is true, then why the focus is on AT & T? The sites all ask for a zip code and perhaps the limits of available devices in certain areas, but could not find anything, but now have phones from Verizon Wireless and Sprint. I seem to recall that one of the outlets TMO was the ease with which it could use its device in Europe. One would think that would mean as all that, especially in the CDMA companies the trouble of selling "world phones" that incorporate CDMA and GSM radio for that purpose. It seems a strange omission for the world's largest manufacturer of devices.

I do not think this is rare. Your appearance and the novelty of the 3G network of T-Mobile is. When I finally went national. You must remember that it was in mid-autumn last year when this happened), then came devices. Nokia has always had a quad-band devices that could work well on your network. That has not stopped. Nokia devices compatible with the T-Mobile's 3G are few.

If the company will not buy the device and there is a sufficient market to sell without the company, the manufacturer does not believe it. Remember, companies that purchase their devices, and then we sold the service with the device as a tag-along. The factor cost of the device in the service agreement it would be cheaper for us. U.S. companies have been very public about what they are asking manufacturers to make their phones so they can be "sold." Nokia has the financial power to not play that game and while it's hurt their market share in the U.S., it will not hurt as bad as most of the mobile media news have you believe.

The problem is that both the T-Mobile as well as AT & T GSM uses different 3G frequencies. Recent changes (speed, coverage and is not phone contract) should make them more attractive, clearly before now AT & T network will be more attractive if you have to go with one. Perhaps the N900 announces a change. I hope that there will be more replies on this.

If we look at the record then we will ensure that the TMO is also the smallest big company in the U.S. ATT is the second largest. Besides, 3G TMO is anemic. It is fast but limited. Where I live, a couple of miles from a major city in a college town of about 80k (160k if there is a home football game), still have no idea TMO 3G and not when we will. There are other more glaring omissions in the coverage of 3G. The incentive to support TMO completely alone is not as high as the incentive to support ATT.

Since Nokia offers a new service without a contract, with or without benefit of the device, there should be no reason to prefer what they sell more than one unlock the device, other than the buyer to ensure compatibility. This led me through this first. Was confused by digging through the device specifications, and finally spoke with a representative of Nokia on his website. You might think that (T-Mobile) offers something like the E72, but I think it is too similar to the entire Blackberry to be worthwhile.