Thread: Infrared Connection not recognized by the system

Infrared Connection not recognized by the system

I have a Nokia N95 and I think my phone is unable to connect with the system through the Infrared connection and so the error that I get is infrared not recognized by the software. Now I am unable to understand where does the problem lie? Is the problem due to the phone or with the laptop who is not having the proper software or the infrared reception to accept the connection. Really I am unable to get the main reason of the problem. So I need to know what can be done here. Suggest me something so that I can work on it accordingly.

Re: Infrared Connection not recognized by the system

Yes of the two possibilities that you one can be the possibility that your laptop must not be having a infrared reception. It is very important that you must have the supported software for the infrared connection and hence it is very necessary from your side to have a check about that. There can be a communication difference between your device and also the laptop that you are having, so when you are trying to connect it is telling you that the software is not recognized.

Looking at the problem that you have described here, the problem that you are getting is because of the false speed limit specified by your phone. The limit for data transfer is 115200 bps and many a times it happens that the phone do mention a wrong speed limit to the laptop and hence you get the problem, so for that what you have to do is go and adjust the speed limit of your device, go to the driver options and adjust the speed to 115200 bps.

I would advice you to go and have the infrared drivers updated of your system so that you would be able to get the proper solution for the problem, see what I am saying is that many a times it happens that you don’t have the proper driver in the system and hence the problem like does occur in the system, so I hope you have got the suggestions that I have mentioned here, do have a look at all of them and I am sure it will work out with you.

Ok thanks got the point that you all are trying to say I did have a look at all of them and thanks for all the suggestions that you have given. I did adjust the bit speed and now it is working all fine here so thanks for the efforts that you have done on this subject and it has really helped me a lot. So very happy that it has worked out for me, nice to see something good happening today. so thanks a lot people.