Thread: Nokia C5 gets disconnected immediately after establishing connection with native WinXP Bluetooth

Nokia C5 gets disconnected immediately after establishing connection with native WinXP Bluetooth

It’s been two weeks since I had got this phone now after I have brought this phone I am seeing some strange problems with the Bluetooth connection. When I connect my phone to the laptop via Bluetooth it gets connected and immediately after it has got connected it gets disconnected on its own. Now a days this behavior is happening frequently. I did try closing the Bluetooth connection and starting it again but no solutions. I am not a big techie so I did not try anything else.

Re: Nokia C5 gets disconnected immediately after establishing connection with native WinXP Bluetooth

Yes that’s a common problem if you have not updated your phone properly. Do remember that you have to upgrade your phone properly and it will benefit you in the long run. So I hope you have got the suggestion that I am trying to give you right now. Check out the version of the firmware that you are using for your phone, try and match if it is the latest version for your phone, if not then its time to update your phone.

Re: Nokia C5 gets disconnected immediately after establishing connection with native WinXP Bluetooth

I think there is some issue with the link key. Often it has been observed that when you update the drivers of the system or do something else then you get to see such type of problems. Basically the link key issued during the pairing of the devices and is used for the confirmation of the devices that whether it is being paired or not. So basically the main cause of the problem here looks to me as the link key and you need to look at that.

Ok, thanks for the quick response, I appreciate that you were able to get some hint of my problem, now I need to know what to do further so that I can get rid of such problem, I know it is not a difficult task but still I expect some answers from you. So what do you think what can be the solution for the problem. I really need to know what can else be done here so that the matter does gets solved as early as possible.

See if you were pairing the device then have you tried removing the pairing and then starting from the fresh, this is because in your case the link key has got corrupted and it can only be generated new when you start with the new pairing again. So delete the whole pairing again and start with the new pairing believe me that will help you a lot, so go ahead and try the steps that I have suggested you here. I am sure it will be of good benefit for you.

Yes, you were correct that actually worked out for me so thanks a lot for that now I am finally happy that it really turned out for me, so thanks a lot for that, I cant believe me that simple solution worked for me, why did that idea did not come in to my mind? I was wondering that you will be asking me to download some software or some other stuff from the internet but the solution was so simple. So thanks.