Thread: Nokia X2 01 gets disconnected while connecting it with Widcomm virtual serial port

Nokia X2 01 gets disconnected while connecting it with Widcomm virtual serial port

I have a small query regarding my nokia phone nokia x2 01, well the problem with my phone is that the phone does gets disconnected while I am connecting my phone with the Widcomm virtual serial port. Sometimes the phone does gets disconnected at the starting of the connection itself. Now why is that so what is the reasons of getting disconnected so often. Since this is my new phone hence I am very keen to get some answers of all these questions. I hope you will reply to all my queries.

Re: Nokia X2 01 gets disconnected while connecting it with Widcomm virtual serial port

Try updating the firmware of the phone and I think that will be the perfect solution for you, although all the phones do come with the native support for the Widcomm driver stack. So do try upgrading the firmware of the phone and your phone will not behave the way it is behaving now, so that’s the most appropriate solution that I can give it you right now, in case you have any small doubts in your mind then please do feel free to clear it out from my side.

Re: Nokia X2 01 gets disconnected while connecting it with Widcomm virtual serial port

Well before doing that you need to have a check whether the phone has the latest firmware that supports the virtual port connection, any phone with the firmware version of 5.5 or more can only be upgraded. If you are not aware of how to check out the firmware version then you just simply need to press the *#0000# in your nokia phone and it will display the results at that time only, so do the needful and checkout the firmware version.

Yes I have checked out the firmware version of my nokia X2 01 and the version number in it is 7.1. So I think my phone is pretty much capable of setting up a connection with the virtual serial port. So tell me what should I do now. You asked me to check out the firmware version and I did the same now tell me what should I do next. Thanks for the quick suggestions that you have sent in, I am expecting that you will send in some good responses now also. So do that fast.

I have got some simple steps for you, see what you have to do is basically get the LogoManager software and install it in your system. Having done that now follow the simple steps given below
    1) Connect your phone then right click on the Bluetooth tray, now select the Bluetooth Serial Port from there.
    2) Now start the Logo Manager, go to the tools option and then select the connection type as Serial Cable to Bluetooth Serial Port.
    3) Having done that now set the com port same as the one used for profile in Widcomm drivers.
    Try these steps and I am sure you will get the solutions for your problem.

Thanks for the help let me tell you that really worked for me and I must thank you all for the efforts that you all have put in to solve the issue, I did follow the steps and I took initiative that I execute them one by one properly and now the result is in front of me, nice to see some positive results being generated for me and it really feels great to get some positive stuffs, so thanks for the solutions everyone.