Thread: Duplicate Albums Showing on iPad

Duplicate Albums Showing on iPad

Yesterday, I renamed two of my artists in iTunes and now my iPad lists the albums for those artists TWICE. I've tried restoring the iPad, tried deleting and rewrapping the songs from scratch, basically everything short of zapping the phone back to factory spec. my iPod Touch is not showing the same problem, nor is my Apple TV. If the database is messed up, removing and recycling music is not going to fix problem because the database doesn't actually go away at any point.

Re: Duplicate Albums Showing on iPad

I also had the same problem but however I was able to fix the problem. Most AIC albums were listed in iTunes with the "Album Artist" and/or the "Artist" as "Alice in Chains" .but the other tracks in some other albums. Note that the "I" had conflicting upper and lowercase. Noticing as iTunes was smart enough to always group all of the AIC tracks together regardless of how "in" was entered.

I am also having the same problem .this is how it was solved. Firstly select the entire album in iTunes, then Mark it as a compilation in iTunes, Sync iPad, unmark it as compilation in iTunes, Sync iPad again. There is no need to sync it in-between marking and unmarking but this worked for me. This is how for the various albums that was affected. Hope it helps for you too.

For the particular two artists I not only had music on my iPad but also had ringtones etc. The problem arrived from the fact that I did not also update the artist names for the ringtones. In my case, it was: Touch and Go - Would You, Touch and Go - I find it Very Attractive, Go Speed Racer Go. The songs got copied onto the iPad, the "conflict" arises between them and the ringtones.

I am also having the same problem on my ipod touch. I am running the 3.1.2 firmware and most of my albums are duplicated. It wasn’t this way until recently and i made no changes to the collection. I’m beginning to think it was the software update that caused it. Please advise me. Please help me and give me a proper and a appropriate solution to take me out of this problem.

There are so many solutions to this question. The various solutions. Firstly Slightly different artist (or album artist) name.secodly slightly different album name and finally Compilation issues. Select a whole album and make sure your bulk change the artist name or album name normally. The last problem was mine’s. Adding/Removing didn’t fix it. Turning on the compilation flag fixed it.