Thread: Worth it to replace motherboard on HP Pavilion laptop?

Worth it to replace motherboard on HP Pavilion laptop?

I need advice and I hope you'll find the time to answer my question. I bought an HP Pavilion dv9005us in January 2009. My two-year warranty expired two months ago and a half. I used the main hall for independent editing, online research, and general Internet surfing, email and photo storage minimum. Some days ago, I went to turn on my laptop and will not turn. I even bought a new power cord, thinking it might be a short in the former. Still no luck. The only light is the light turns blue at the tip of the adapter cord. None of the keyboard lights go on, and nothing happens on screen. On the advice of an acquaintance with good intentions, I tried a little experiment: I disconnected the box, took out the battery and holding the power button for two minutes.

Re: Worth it to replace motherboard on HP Pavilion laptop?

And the new board put it on. It is well beyond their one-year warranty and no sign of trouble. It is simple economics. You do the math, make decisions about the guarantee and the sad truth is that repairs can reach stratospheric heights. But you are at the breaking point of a decision point that is accepted FIFTY PERCENT AGAIN. This is where I made another discovery. Disposal costs can be daunting to call HP to see if they will take back the old and the provision of a new, without incurring shipping or disposal. Just wondering. Will you have a longer warranty next time? And really rent these things. You seem to be disclosing their income was 50 per month.

Thank. I need a backup and a few questions. I was having 2 year warranty, not just one year. Do you think that a security agreement and would have been a wiser choice? As for his comment that "you're at the point of rupture of an accepted decision point which is 50% of new" mean that the fee of $ 300 to fix the HP is about half of cost of a comparable new laptop? I'm weighing my options and looking for advice on whether it is worth investing so much money on a laptop 27 months old (used, on average 40 hours per week). What is the expected lifetime of a device like this used as I described?

But that is the question and the decision we have to do. Sometimes the warranty is not worth it, sometimes it does. Let's skip to present the situation and other items you may have to replace, so it pushes you more than the 50 percent mark. The battery is probably a shadow of him. So, in drawing and you must buy a new laptop. In this much use, the keyboard is likely to show some signs. Say you think it's time to go shopping. "What is the expected lifetime of a device like this used as I described? Two to three years. There is a hard limit of 5 incorporated into the design, but only reached under ideal conditions.

At first I called the HP help desk by this problem, gave me the option of paying $ 50 for a technical support person to "talk through" a limited number of possible solutions (I think you can ask 4 questions.) I had already told the kind of help that the machine does not turn - how could I expect someone "talk me through" anything? I do not yell or be mean, but I told him that his idea seemed like an inadequate solution (translated as "a scam"). He just gave me a chuckle and moved to the suggestion of the board of $ 300. If this is the way HP does business, I will not buy another product from them.

Because of security calls, you can safely bet that all manufacturers are the same. I know what you are asking, but unless a guarantee of payment on the fly. Even talking about it. The people cost money and if you are not a guarantee, then there is no money to pay for them to talk to you. It's a business. And the business is going to sound cruel, mean, nasty to be sure they know that companies switching just because of this only results in a repetition with the company named. I hope you understand this without getting angry with me.

I'm not upset with you at all, Bob, and I thank you for your responses. What bothered me was that the help-desk person knew that the agreement $ 50 four questions would be a waste, however, tried to sell me anyway. When I refused this course of action, he told me he knew it was the motherboard that needs replacing. If he knew that all along, why I said from the beginning? Had he and the company won a business future?