Thread: Mystery gateway nv52 laptop

Mystery gateway nv52 laptop

I closed the lid of a night before bed, as normal, with it plugged into the wall. I do not touch it for a day, day and a half, maybe, and when I went to use it again, I opened the lid, press the power button and nothing happened. I noticed that the battery was cold and generally when electrically semi warm. I looked online and tried some suggestions. Such as the tilt of the screen all the way back then press the power button or open the lid I can continuously press the button to find a "sweet spot" that the connectors are broken that tell the laptop if the lid is open or closed, lucky with either method. I took the box apart from all the power button on board to secure the link button on the PC was small it was. Took the battery and connect it, nothing. When the battery is, and plugged into the battery light shows a "blue" light. It tells me the AC cable wouldn’t be bad, his power to get the shot, or why go light? I basically cannot understand what happened. It is difficult to determine Giving i was not near the computer at the time. I was hoping someone here may be an answer. I'm not interested in shipping gateway to have looked, nor am I interested in making a store. Both cost money i cannot do without at this time. And no, I have no insurance on it and the warranty may or may not still be good (most likely not considering me to be apart).

Re: Mystery gateway nv52 laptop

My brother brought home tonight NV52 a classmate with similar symptoms. I reduced the power button itself. To test this on your laptop, lift the entire keyboard (SLOWLY! There is a short ribbon cable connecting to the laptop) and find the small connector near the top right of the keyboard. You will see a white connector with only two pins coming from the rear. Take a jewelers screwdriver and a steady hand, a bridge over the two pins that are soldered to the motherboard. If it lights up, the power button is your problem. Now I have to reduce the power button itself, see if it's cable, spring, contacts, etc and go from there.

I seem to have done is cut the black wire on the wiring harness 2 that connects the power button on the motherboard. Short the contacts on the back of the PCB the power button does not turn on the laptop. Under close inspection, to button on the inclination of the cable, you can see the black curve flattens sharply to 90 degrees indicates that isolation is a break in the cable. The red wire when bending angle in the same place and it created an arc that is a constant radius and thickness of the cable. If you cannot get a replacement for the factory so that it will probably end the construction of a replacement harness wire a little better quality.

Well I guess it was my lucky day today to find this thread. You are correct in their assessment of my Gateway laptop NV5214U. He died today. After smash you can clearly see that the cables are pinching / liaison with the opening and closing of the hinge (beautiful setting). If I have my own take on standby just do not start until off. There is a misuse of the power of replacement, but just wondering about the mechanics, how it carried out the actual change of connecting the idea is not just any slide in the end you cannot say.

I am facing problem exactly the same as above. First meeting took power button together between the contacts welded wire harness is attached to button and excited! Problem solved, must be a bad power button. Not so fast my friend! I had ordered a new power button and had removed the plastic power button and spring, when I knew I had to install the power button when he arrived. While waiting for the i button again lower across the contacts button. I realized that this does not always work to start and sometimes I had to mess around with it a bit to get it started. The new button came today, I went - not started.

Very glad I found this thread! Take people's heart with this item! I bought three restored NV52s (5214u Gateway model) Christmas for my children. Everyone loves machines. But two weeks ago my daughter came to your machine after leaving it for 4-5 hours with the lid closed. It would start and looked completely dead, despite an LED illuminates when the power adapter was plugged in to restore power (for Gateway website), exchange of adapters, removing the battery, etc, has not worked. Of course it is out of warranty and an online chat session with a service technician repairing a salesman advised me not to bother to repair because it was "probably a very expensive repair." I had lost hope.

As a followed all the steps above and successfully cut the power button to start, my cheerfulness was short lived as they started to shut down every 15 seconds. Then I made my way back from the things that connects to the motherboard. I found the large white ribbon cable that feeds the warning center and found to be bent in several places. I disconnected the warning center and near the computer again and Voila! The team remains in full and boots. I'm buying the cables and I hope this will solve the problem.