Thread: Rooted Stock Nook vs Nookie Froyo

Rooted Stock Nook vs Nookie Froyo

Hello guys. Greetings to all. I am hoping that everything fine at your place. I want suggestions from you people. Good comments would surely make me happy. Basically, I've had a rooted Nook Color for about 10-12 days and I have also given a try to Nookie froyo , which is the bootable version of froyo from a micro sd card. As I have interest in NC as an android tablet, I thought to know about both the options. Anyways, I would like to know the pros and the cons of each and please suggest which should I select. Thanks.

Re: Rooted Stock Nook vs Nookie Froyo

Hey mate, I would inform you that in nookie froyo booting from microSD does not have any effect on the stock Read Only Memory. However, touch screen needs to warm up sometimes , before it is completely responsive. On a whole, if you see, then there is not much difference between Rooted Stock Nook and Nookie Froyo . However, still my personal choice will be rooted stock as it is faster compared to the other one and also more satisfying.

Hey mate I will let you know some points of Nookie Froyo which I know. The user interface in Nookie Froyo is standardized and clean. Being 2.2 and not 2.1 , there are some new applications which are offered. However, I would like to tell you that the applications are not furtively available in the market place. Also, nookie froyo is almost similar like a phone but it is tablet sized. Thus, I do not agree with the above post and my vote would definitely go for Nookie froyo.

The wifi is slow in Bookie Froyo. Rooted Stock nook is fairly simple to move between B&N reading experience and also gives familiarity like an android tablet. The most important difference that I feel between Rooted Stock Nook and Nookie Froyo is that Google reader runs properly under rooted stock and doesn’t work the same way on Nookie Froyo. In addition to the above, you can also boot on the SD and in the process won’t affect the main memory

Hey I would like to bring to your notice that rooted stock rom is very fast . But, there are some negatives which cannot be easily neglected. Just notice that not all the applications are found in the marketplace. Also, root could be lost when the updates are carried on. Even in Nookie Froyo there are some applications which run in small mode because they aren’t aware that they are on a tablet. Even after altering the compatibility mode settings in an application, the issue is not resolved.

Hey buddy, I would give you some information so that you will be clear in your thinking. Just keep in mind that nookie froyo is an complete Android system lying on MicroSD, so it doesn't impact the installed nook rom. Hence, according to me, in any case you indeed want the pure nook color occurrenceand also wish to get full tablet abilities sometimes then Nookie Froyo will prove to be an excellent choice.