Thread: Best data plans for unlocked iPhone 4 in USA

Best data plans for unlocked iPhone 4 in USA

Hello everyone, I am from South Africa and in the next month I am going for holiday for more than one month. and I have Apple iPhone 4G I will get it unlocked from here. I can’t use my network service proveders connection in USA because it will very expensive, so guy I need your help can you suggest me a SIM card which have normal calling and SMS rates with the data plan for around 200MB because I will need it for GPS and google maps and sometimes for the browsing. Please help.

Re: Best data plans for unlocked iPhone 4 in USA

Dude answer is no for you because in USA there is no prepaid iPhone plan or the prepaid compatible plans. But you can a prepaid minute plan but there is no data plan with that card you have to rely only on the Wi-Fi. It doesn’t sound good but if you don’t purchase a subsidized phone form the AT&T there will be no contract. And in USA it will cost you 30$ for activation but you don’t have to pay the termination fee if end it after one month.

Well dude I can’t tell you the exact data plans or the SIM card you want purchase but at least you won’t have search a lot on Google I can provide you the web site which have some plans for the visitors of USA and the website is “mrsimcard”. There you will find many options from one year to 1 month and there is also plans for 12days you will get a SIM card, I haven’t purchased it but their review is quite good. For example the – “(30 day) iPhone USA - Unlimited USA Talk/Text/Unlimited data” will cost you 100$ and there also some cheaper plans.

It was not possible to use the data plans in USA previously but now we can access data plans on the unlocked iPhones. This is also possible for unlocked Blackberry and HTC etc. AT&t launched a ne GoPhone service for the short time visitors in USA. You will be charged 2$/day, 2$ will be charged after receiving or dialing a first call and after that you can do unlimited calling and texting. There are also data packages with it so buddy your problem is solved now.

Yes that is one of the best thing done by AT&T in the recent time for the short time visitors there are many different packages as pre the user need but yet they are bit expensive and this is better than nothing some data plans are 1MB-5$, 100MB-20$. And there is also calling, night calling and the SMS packages, you can check out all the packages on “att” site and select the best one which suits on your need. All the best. On “att” go to “mygophone”.

Guys, thanks a lot for taking so much concern on my query, to be very frank I didn’t had any idea about these things. I have purchased iPhone few days back, but I never heard that there was o data plans for short time visitors in USA with unlocked iPhone. Thanks a lot for giving me the right suggestion, I have just gone through the “att” web site and in GoPhone I found many useful packages which suits to my requirements, so guys thanks a lot for helping me out.