Thread: iPhone Email won't download some messages with POP3

iPhone Email won't download some messages with POP3

I own an iPhone 3G v2.1 and in that I have set up email to a POP3 account. It works fine for some weeks and afterward turns into irregular and rejects to download several messages. If I erase the email account Entire settings of email account are bog-standard by the exclusion of the transfer SMTP port number. I depart the emails on the server intended for three days to permit Entourage and iPhone to distribute the similar account. Does anyone having the problem? I have recently changed the ISP and issue started from then.

Re: iPhone Email won't download some messages with POP3

Occasionally the iPhone’s works obtain gummed up and the cell phone isn’t capable to download email. On cell phones operating firmware edition 2.0 or advanced, this looks like to occur most frequently following a charge, except there’s no obvious assonance or cause to the trouble. It’s a mainly annoying trouble during that in approximately all cases, Internet access functions just very well for further programs. Fortunately, the way out is a simple one: simply restart your iphone. Following it restarts, email transport must return to regular.

The only authentic workaround for this problem seems to be a complete restart of the iPhone. Hold the sleep/wake key afterward slide to power off the iphone, afterward turn it back on. On the other hand, you can attempt force-quitting the Mail application via launching it (if it is not previously vigorous) next holding the home button for more than a few seconds awaiting the Mail application disappears and you are went back to the home display.

If it is a Gmail problem then it is well recognized that Gmail does not offer messages you mail to yourself in favor of download if POP, otherwise access if using like IMAP. Has not anything to do by means of Mail, and is merely the manner Gmail works. Gmail is one of the mail service providers who don't respect the POP3 setting to depart a replica of downloaded messages on top of the server. They need an individual setting. Maybe if you told who is your strange mail service supplier is we may be capable to help you well again.

For POP3, you have to set your Gmail POP to moreover, allow POP for each and every one mail (still mail that's previously been downloaded) otherwise permit POP for mail that appears from currently on, and set your account to maintain a copy inside the inbox. On the other hand, IMAP would take-up fewer resources on iPhone than POP3 and IMAP must be utilized while probable through cell phone communications.

The settings in favor of your issue are not on Gmail’s website, except are in your mail application. You have to set mail.app on your PC and your iPhone to run off the mail on the server. The setting on Gmail’s website merely pertains to what occurs while messages are “accessed” by the use of POP; by defaulting mail.app not just accesses the messages except as well erases them. On the PC, open accounts->(your POP account)->Advanced, and then uncheck "Remove messages from server"; the option is comparable on the iPhone.