Thread: how to setup MSN, Hotmail, Live email on HTC Inspire 4g

how to setup MSN, Hotmail, Live email on HTC Inspire 4g

i own the new HTC Inspire 4g its a really great phone and the htc integrated user interface over the Google android system is just awesome there are a great deal of applications built into it out of the box and the handset has really been doing wonders for me but i am not able to set up hotmail,live and msn email services on my phone and it would be really great if someone could guide me through the setup process and by the way thank in advance.

Re: how to setup MSN, Hotmail, Live email on HTC Inspire 4g

Its okay is some of you people are unable to setup the hotmail,live and msn email services over your HTC Inspire 4g device by using the Auto generated settings which come with the phone right out of the box from htc. This is what you need to do to get it done in an orderly fashion. all you need to do is go to the Email server settings for Outgoing emails and change the Security measure to Transport Layer Security and change the port number to 587. there is also another alternative for setting up hotmail for through exchange for mail but for it you might have to search for it.

A few days ago i bought a HTC Inspire 4g and I do not know if I set up my hotmail account incorrectly but I can't get emails to send. i do receive the emails , but am not able to send any emails out. does any one have any idea as to what might the solution might there be, i also tried to get the gmail account and import all the preferred contacts on to my phone but there also i was unable to make it work for me basically i m not much of a technical guy, so please help.

i have been using the settings mentioned earlier on the post and have been able to access all the emails over my phone. there is yet another issue with my phone and am still in a tight situation for that.whenever i open up and read the emails and there it appears marked as opened emails but when i open up the server and have a look there it still shows the same emails as unread this has been a great deal of a problem for me and still i m not happy with this.the server should show the emails as read but it does not work that way at all and this has been quite an head ache for me.

can anyone tell me how can i make this problem go away i want to use the htc application integrated in the HTC Inspire 4g to be able to push emails over the internet on to the hotmail server i have done quite some research over it and still havent been able to come up with the solution to enable me in doing so.i have come to know that it works on other peoples HTC Inspire 4g, but not all the other people.

the HTC Inspire 4g uses the stock htc mail application for pushing the mails and importing the mails . I did attach the stock Android email applications on this post and this technique uses all the application over the posts. you can also use it to switch between two folders it any takes the emails which are chosen by the user and use them over the sever for just one month it does not include any more features and is not as good as other applications available on the market but it has proven enough for my use and i think it must be able to suffice your needs.