Thread: HTC EVO 4G is not turning ON after upgrading software.

HTC EVO 4G is not turning ON after upgrading software.

Guys I have HTC EVO 4G Android phone, I am using this handset from last 4months I didn’t face any problem until yesterday, I was upgrading a software on my HTC EVO 4G and in between phone got automatically turned off and after that it’s not turning back on, I don’t know much about cell phones software and other technical aspects, Please help me out what should I do because I don’t want to anything wrong from my side which can damage the cell phone software or hardware.

Re: HTC EVO 4G is not turning ON after upgrading software.

Even I was very much worried about this because there is no HTC service or support center in my town and for that I have to got some other town because I thought this is a problem with my handset only but now I thing since you are also facing the same problem then there must be someone who have solved this issue, so guys please help us out, in my handset status light is also not turning on even the charger is plugged in. I tried few things like removing the SD card, battery but nothing worked.

Well guys it’s issue with HTC EVO 4G, I have read it in an article so that almost all the HTC users are facing this problem, whoever updated the software or the application. Even Android Central tweeted that “Don’t update twice”, I did once and was thinking to upgrade it again but after reading that tweet I won’t do it until there is some official confirmation. So guys whoever thinking to update, don’t update now wait for some time.

I am having the same problem on my handset after updating software, and after reading such queries I went to the Sprint repair center and the support guys told me that they need some time to fix this issue as this is issue with most of the handset they would be releasing a patch very soon to fix this problem. Well so guys there is no other option for us rather than waiting for the patch and if you have not updated the handset then don’t do it now it will be bricked.

Well thanks a lot guys for sharing your experience on this post, I was very much worried because I thought this is due to some physical damage which might be done unknowingly but now at least shy of relief that there is nothing wrong from my side. I am really very disappointed after reading this thread that almost all the HTC EVO 4G have this problem, hope they will fix this problem very soon. Anyways thank you guys,