Thread: History gets deleted on its own in Safari browser of iPhone 3G

History gets deleted on its own in Safari browser of iPhone 3G

Yes guys this is the problem that I am facing from quite a lot of months. Every week I am noticing that the history of my safari browser does gets deleted on its own and it does happens after every week. Well this was not the problem earlier and I have not done any changes in the browser then also it is giving me the problem. So tell me what should I do in such situation does anyone have to say anything here then do let me know about it.

Re: History gets deleted on its own in Safari browser of iPhone 3G

No history files in the safari browser can stay in more than a week. The history of the safari browser does gets deleted on its own and I must say that there is no settings with which you will be able to change the settings of the browser so that you can keep the history of the browser for longer time. I have personally checked it and it appears that you cannot keep it for more than 7 days. I just wanted to share this information with you all so that’s why I posted it here, I hope it was informative for all of you.

In your case it remains upto seven days but in my case it does not even stay upto two days one of my friend who is having this iPhone 4 can extend his storage period up to 7 seven days and I have noticed that even you all can do that which Is quite normal but in my case it can only be saved up to 2 days, now why is that glitch in the browser? Do any of you all have any idea regardi8ng this subject then please do inform me.

Try updating your iPhone 4 and the problem will be solved. That’s what I can say in the present situation in which you are in. there is no other solution that comes in my mind regarding this problem. Check out if you are using the latest os for your phone, the iOS 4.3 being the latest I assume that you must be using that only. Sometimes even the simple solutions does works for you. So do try updating the phone and let me know if that solution did work for you or not.

Try having a talk with the apple people and there may be a possibility that they will help you fetch some solutions. Since its an browser related issue and the functionality of it will be best known to them and hence I am advising you to have a talk with them and you will get the desired solution that you are looking. See most probably the case is that the browser does not stores the history for more than 7 days, if you are still not satisfied with the answer then having a chat with the apple people about the topic would be the best option to go with.

I was not knowing about it, so thanks for reminding about that, I did have a chat with the apple people and they informed me accordingly about the same. Sorry I did not gave much importance to your suggestions and hence I thought of better confirming with the apple people about the situation. Really sorry guys for my behavior and i will ensure that such things does not gets repeated. Anyways i need to thank you all for the efforts for helping me out.