Thread: iPhone hangs on "Restoring iPhone Software"

iPhone hangs on "Restoring iPhone Software"

Hey guys, I need your help to solve the problem that I am facing. I was restoring the iPhone and iTunes was not able to past this. It's been wedged on this from previous half an hour and not moving further. This is not the first time, I am trying this second time but it shows me the same result. On first time, subsequent to 30 minutes I pulled it out and it gone to the recovery mode, therefore I tried restoring over again to no succeed. In short, I am not able to restore that. Please tell me that what should I do resolve this problem.

Re: iPhone hangs on "Restoring iPhone Software"

I think that it requires more time to restore it and so you should wait for some more time and see if that finishes the restore process. If it is taking longer tme then you can simply pull it out and after that put that into the DFU mode. Once that is put into the DFU mode then you can try to restore that over again. I hope that this time it will be done without any problem.

I would like to tell you that Apple has allowed security updates for blocking the iPhone as of being updated subsequent to being jailbroken. I would suppose that the similar thing would occur when you attempt to restore the iphone. It is a kind similar to your update but not actually. Possibly that is why it would restore. The Apple Store may charge you the "out-of-warranty" fee intended for the reason that it is jailbroken.

There is one trick that you can try in your case. What you will have to do is just plug your phone to iTunes and after that press and hold the power and home button together. Wait for 8 seconds and after that release the power button but keep holding the home button. Now restart your iphone again and then try to restore again. This time you should not see any of the issues like this.

There might be some problem with the iTunes that you have installed in your computer and so you are getting the issues like this. My suggestion to you is to uninstall the iTunes from your computer and then install it over again. This will replace all the files for installed iTunes and might resolve the issue that you are facing. This is the only thing that I can suggest you now. I wish there will be more advanced suggestion on this if reinstalling the iTunes doesn’t help you.

I had the similar trouble, as beta testing 4.0. I was extremely worried. Though, turns out you only require to uninstall iTunes as well as some core files. If you are failed restore iPhone then you can take away iTunes via doing this:

If you are on Mac then remove following files:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DeviceLink.framework
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework

subsequent to that, restart the Mac and install the newest edition of iTunes. Repeat standard restore another time.

If you are the Windows users then you will have to uninstall Apple Mobile Device Support as well as iTunes as of your computer and then restart computer and re-install newest edition of iTunes and attempt to restore over again.

I've been trying to search around the Internet about this problem and finally got to this thread. It seems that I started having this problem after it changed the "hosts" file to make a refreshing and sign the firmware through my SHSHs a backup on the server sauriks. Anyway a removed all that has changed in the host file and I am still getting the similar difficulty (that is stuck half-way through restoration.) I'm a mac user and need to uninstall itunes, restart the computer, reinstall itunes and I am still getting the same problem. I think I will try to delete the two files mentioned. If anyone knows exactly what happened please let me know. I'm trying to restore a 3G Iphone and 3G Iphone both 3.1.2 and I am getting the same problem.