Thread: Dell Inspiron 1000: Keyboard not working correctly

Dell Inspiron 1000: Keyboard not working correctly

I have been appearing through the message boards, and it seems like this keyboard trouble is ordinary in the Inspiron. I purchased for my sister a new Dell inspiring 1000 about 3 months before. She is certain was happy to get a new computer. Now her keyboard is ineffectual. It's the similar trouble many have reported where depressing one key will cause it to exhibit the depressed key and the one next to it. For instance pushing the letter "r" will display "er" or "e". Anyone else has this type of problem here or has any solution for this?

Re: Dell Inspiron 1000: Keyboard not working correctly

Be ready for more disappointment from Dell. I called around and astonishingly Dell was simply the least expensive place to acquire a replacement keyboard. Even though, I have to confess it pained me deeply to give Dell any additional of my money. I spoke with a parts person at Dell. I would say that was on about Wednesday of previous week. The man said something concerning "We don't have that in stock so we have to put a few type of unusual order for it. I will take your name and number and call you tomorrow to make the last order." Well, that was on Wednesday of last week. Now it's Monday, and I have at a standstill not heard from them.

Here I also wish to add something in this case. My friend has an Inspiron 2200 less than 5 months now, lots of troubles, no one in my family or in my friend circle will yet obtain one more Dell, her keyboard is performing all sorts of strange things, adding numbers, 4 and 7 everywhere. She is out of warranty and is sincerely considering scrapping this one and purchases something else! And Dell utilized to be trustworthy. No more.

I obtained a "new" keyboard just to have the similar trouble, "e" ="er", "d"="df", similar ole stuff. The "new keyboard had 2 "k"s and no "j" so I sent it back, no replacement up till now, waiting. The essential trouble may be the input filter on every scan line. 33 ohms with unidentified cap network to ground, I may attempt rising the caps to decrease cross-talk between scan lines, but what an ache, or else its nice laptop.

I wish this assists anybody searching for a fix; I have fixed the trouble on mine. I have a Dell laptop Studio XPS 1340 and newly I experienced double key strokes while pushing 3/4 E/R D/F C/V. I disassembled the computer and establish that there was an outline of conductive deterioration on the keyboards ribbon cable where the contacts are uncovered. I cleaned the contacts with a soft brush and place it back jointly.