Thread: Dell XPS 15: USB 3.0 not working

Dell XPS 15: USB 3.0 not working

I have just acquired a Dell XPS 15. I determined to purchase a 2.5" USB 3.0 caddie to plug my on hand laptop hard drive into so I could shift the data across. The drive from my old laptop is a 500 GB hard disk. While you plug in the caddie with the 500 GB drive in, you obtain one of two things take place. Either the driver stops working to install, or the drive is not identified what so ever. I work for a Dell reseller so I have extra Dell XPS 15 laptops in stock, so I determined to experiment on one of those and it does the exact similar thing. I really not understood what to do and how to solve this issue. So please someone please help me out.

Re: Dell XPS 15: USB 3.0 not working

I presently got a Dell XPS 15 today. I connected a USB mouse and utilized it for a few minutes and after that not anything. The USB mouse didn't look to be recognized any longer. I attempted both USB 3.0 ports with the similar result, the mouse wouldn't work. I joined the mouse to the one USB 2.0 port and it worked just well. This is a Dell USB mouse and I have utilized it on two other PCs often and without problem. I speculate what's going on with the USB 3.0 bus controller.

Just obtained my XPS 15 and had the same trouble. I have to put in my 1 TB USB3.0 drive into the port behind. If I utilize the USB 3.0 port at the left face, the drive will sprint but the PC can’t locate it. I think that is because of the short of power supply. I plugged an USB2.0 hard drive into the port on the left surface, and establish that the computer can locate it and the whole thing is nice. So now I utilized the port on the left for my mouse, but if I plug the USB3.0 drive into the back USB port (that is nearby to the one on the left), the mouse will discontinue responding from time to time.

This surely sounds annoying. A pair of queries: does this occur below battery or AC power or does it look to matter? I want to discover if any of you have gone into device manager, unlock universal serial bus controllers; there should be a number of USB root hubs scheduled. Unlock each one and click on the power management tab and unmark "permit the computer to switch off this device to save power". You may as well have to depart into power options as well in control panel and choose "Choose a Power Plan" if you don’t observe High performance, click advanced options and after that select High performance.

The chipset that Dell utilizes for USB 3.0 is a latest chipset and USB 3.0 is a latest technology. It's probable that there are a few insects to be worked out. I am sure it's a bit which scan is fixed with updated drivers or BIOS. My theory has to do with the entries that driver relies on in the registry but I will obtain one more chance to attempt this theory shortly. The just thing which would be tough to fix is if the chipset wasn't wired onto the motherboard properly. This would need replacing the motherboard.