Thread: how to remove the clutter of bloatware from motorola DEFY

1&only Guest

how to remove the clutter of bloatware from motorola DEFY

Hi I am using Motorola DEFY and this is a best phone I have ever purchased. But there is some circumstances that cause it to harden occasionally, There is one thing that is creating little problems for me. The thing is that the application which I never use like kindle, amazon. But I want only that application on my phone which I use only. And I want to remove other applications which are not required. If anyone who knows how to fix this things then please reply me with proper solutions.

Re: how to remove the clutter of bloatware from motorola DEFY

As you have told that you want to uninstall all unwanted applications. But There is no way to remove this applications ( bloatware) In mobile I was having Kindle, IM, Visual , Blockbuster, Voicemail, , Audio Postcard. Earlier Motorola used to have unlocked and unbranded phones without any predefined stuffs in them but I have not seen any in the this this year. I am using only Motorola phone from last 5 years, I have recently purchased Defy which I will get in this week and i Wish that I could remove all those applications which I don’t want to use for.

You can remove the applications from your defy which you don’t want by doing these steps.
    • First go to the Home screen and click on Menu
    • After that select the Settings and then click on the Applications option.
    • After doing that click on Manage applications and then select the applications which you want to delete
    • Now click on the Uninstall button and then click on OK.

Try this solution and remove the unnecessary applications.

1&only Guest

Hey thank you for trying to help me. The steps you have mentioned in above post it works perfectly but it will works only for user defined applications it means you can only remove those applications which you have installed on your own but you cannot remove predefined (default) applications which comes with mobile. if you know any tricks regarding that then please let me know. And please reply your solutions with proper procedure to remove those applications.

I read your post. In Motorola defy you cannot delete the predefined application but you can hide the short cuts of that unwanted applications for that You need to use a substitute applications to hide the icons of applications which you don’t want to use and which you unable to remove. There is a applications which I can suggest you called LiveHome or LauncherPro. By using these applications you can remove the shortcuts or widget from your homescreen by doing long press on it and after that dreg it in ti the can that will pop up. I hope this will be helpful to you.

You cannot remove but you can hide the applications shortcuts by doing following steps.
    • First install the LauncherPro.
    • In LauncherPro select the menu and then select the preferences.
    • After that go to general settings and select the hidden applications
    • In that select the applications which you want to hide.

So now you can easily hide your unwanted shortcuts.