Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 is not Turning ON

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 is not Turning ON

Hi guys, I had purchased Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Smartphone 5 months back and within 5 months of normal use it has started up with problem. It was working perfectly fine until now. I don’t know what went wrong and what made this happen but now my Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 is not starting up only. Does anyone have knowledge about what must be causing this problem and what I should do in order to solve this issue? Please help me with some solution. Your suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 is not Turning ON

Your Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 might not be turning on because it might be running out of power. So it is better if you recharge your mobile phone first and then check whether you facing the same problem or not. If it is not charging then there is a chance of either your charger running faulty or your battery is malfunctioning. So if it is possible for you try charging your mobile with different charger or use another new fully charged battery to start the mobile phone. Now check if your problem is solved or not.

There is a high possibility of your Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Smartphone having firmware issues. So it would be better if you perform software repair. Remember that, all your stored data in your phone memory will be lost after performing the system repair, so it would be better if your take back-up of your important data. Also make sure that the battery of the mobile is always fully charged, or you may end up corrupting your mobile firmware if the battery drains off while you are performing the Software repair of your mobile. Once you are done performing system repair it would be better if you perform firmware update of your mobile. You can do this either by using the PC components or the Sony Ericsson Update Service.

I had also faced this problem with my Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 and after lots of researching I realized that there was an issue with the hardware drivers of my mobile. After doing a hardware reset, my problem was solved. So I would recommend you to do the same. Follow the below steps to perform Hardware Reset of your mobile:
    • Switch off your mobile and remove the battery of your mobile. It will be well and good if you are using a fully charged battery for the remaining process as you don’t want the process to terminate in the middle.
    • Insert a fully charged battery and hold the left and right silver buttons on the screen of your mobile at the same time.
    • On the right side of the battery, a small hole is present. Press on that hole of the battery with the help of Stylus.
    • Enter the R keyword when it is prompted to do so. It is for resetting the hardware drivers and all other settings of your mobile to its default value
    • Finally press the Space key to finalize the changes

Flashing your mobile is a good solution which can solve your problem of your Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Smartphone not starting. This will reinstall the factory setting of your mobile.
    1. Download and install Sony Ericsson PC suite in your computer system.
    2. Start the Sony Ericsson PC suite application.
    3. Go to the Tools tab and select the Phone Repair option.
    4. Press continue button once you are done following the on screen instructions.
    5. Select the model of your Sony Ericsson mobile from the list of models of Sony Ericsson, which is Xperia X10.
    6. Connect your mobile phone to your computer by using the USB cable provided with your mobile and start up the connection between them
    7. Your drivers will take time to install.
    8. Mobile will restart once the firmware is installed.

Hey dude, as you said that you had purchased your Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 just 5 months back, I would recommend you to show your problematic mobile to the nearest Sony Ericsson Service center a\or the retailer from whom you have purchased your mobile. If you had purchased a Genuine Sony Ericsson Mobile then it is for sure that you must be having the bill of your mobile and I would like to remind you once again that your mobile has got 1 year warranty. So that means you can get your mobile replaced/ repaired from the Sony Ericsson Service Center within this 1 year warranty time, FREE of cost. So it is better you contact those people and get an appointment to get your mobile fixed.