Thread: how to change Home screen in Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

how to change Home screen in Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

I am using Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 and I love this Smartphone to the core. I must say this is the best Smartphone available in the market at present. The only thing which is bothering me when I use Xperia X10 is its Blue main menu screen. I am tired seeing it from so long time. So I wanted to know how I can change it. Does anyone have any solution regarding this matter? Please help me with your solutions. It will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: how to change Home screen in Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

You can easily access your wallpaper image from your home screen and change the background image.
    • Tap and hold on the home screen where no widgets or app icons are present.
    • A pop up called Add to Home screen will appear. From their go to the Wallpapers option
    • A new window will appear which will prompt Select wallpaper from which has got Live wallpapers, Media gallery, Wallpaper gallery or Wallpapers option. Select the option of your choice.
    • Select the image you are satisfied with and tap the Set wallpaper option.

You can also set new wallpaper from the settings menu:
    1. Click on the applications launcher from the home screen
    2. Go to the Settings icons
    3. Click on Personalize option
    4. Now click on the Home wallpaper option, which will lead Add to Home screen pop up to appear.
    5. Select the Wallpapers option
    6. Select wallpaper from window will appear. Select any of the following option Live wallpapers, Media gallery, Wallpaper gallery or Wallpapers option.
    7. Choose the image and tap the Set wallpaper option.

I am using this Android app called ADW.Launcher to customize the home screen of my Sony Ericsson Xperia X10. You can get the experience of 7 different home screens for widgets, shortcuts, bookmarks and apps. You can preview all Home screen at one glance. It runs only on Android 2.0 and higher. The ADW.Launcher gives you all the freedom to customize your home screen. You can search for this app in Android market and install it from there itself. On top of that this amazing Android app is free of cost.

You can also try the below few Android apps that I found in the Android Market, which can help you solve your problem.
    • LauncherPro app
    • iHome Home Replacement App
    • Home++ app
    • TAT Home app
    • SlideScreen app
    • FreshFace app
    • Open Home app
    • aHome app

Wow!! I wanted I method to change the home screen of my Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Smartphone and you have provided me with so many good looking options. I tried the usual method of changing the home screen and it worked for me. I am looking forward to use those apps from Android Market. I searched about them on Internet and tried getting more knowledge about them before using them, and turns out that they are pretty useful and famous among users. So I would definitely try them. Once again thank you guys for your kind and generous reply.