Thread: Unable to connect WIFI in Xperia X10 mini.

Unable to connect WIFI in Xperia X10 mini.

Hello, I have sony ericssson Xperia X10. I having one problem with My Xpreia X10 regarding to WI FI. Before some days my WI FI was working normally but in recent days whenever I use the WIFI it keeps switching off. After switching off it gives me the error saying that it is unable to scan networks. I am using my phone for last 6 months but this is first time I am facing this kind of problem. I am also confused for rooting my phone also because if anything went wrong then what should I do? I don’t want to lose my contacts and messages. If you know any solution regarding this problem then please help me with that.

re: Unable to connect WIFI in Xperia X10 mini.

As you said that you are facing the problems with WIFI I understand that to solve this I want to know about one thing. When you try to add the network in WIFI list at that time you WIFI will turn on automatically and when you click on WIFI setting it will start scanning for the available networks. At that can you see any network in the list? Just check it and Please reply me about this question so according to that I can provide you further solution to your problem.

Thank you so much as you are trying to solve my problem. As you have asked me to check about scanning networks but when click on add networks at that time it says it is unable to scan networks and it doesn’t allow me to proceed ahead and it automatically turned off the WIFI also. So there is no question about list of networks. I have tried to scan in much way but it doesn’t make any difference for me. Please tell me what to do now it is so frustrating for me.

As you are saying that your phone is not even allowing you to turn on the WIFI, then I think you should try to repair the software or you should update your software. You can do the update by clicking on this :
    Update_Service_Setup-2.11.1.9.exe
    if you are going to update then make sure that you do the backup of your all the data to restore it after the update complete because you may lose the data in update process. So it is better to do backup. after doing the backup do update by using this service update.

Thank you so much. I have followed your link but when I click on this link it is showing me the one box saying to download the update service setup. As I am unknown to this thing I think I should update it by using the PC companion application. I just want to know where I can download the PC companion application for that. If you have any link for that then please give that link only. It will be very helpful for me. And please tell me that by using the pc companion can I take the backup of my DATA?

If you don’t know how to use the service update. You can do the update by using the PC companion. You can download the PC companion form sony ericssons official web site but as you have requested for LINK then you can download it by clicking on
    PC companion
    this application will also helps you to do backup of your data and many more things. Hope after doing that your WIFI will work normally.