Thread: HTC Desire HD reception poor than other Smartphone’s

HTC Desire HD reception poor than other Smartphone’s

I am having cellular reception troubles with my HTC Desire HD. Even while it exhibits 1 or 2 bars it will fall calls. I have examined of other people with this cell phone with the similar trouble. My old LG (using similar sim card) has immense signal where my HTC Desire will have no or 1 bar. Is there detach for this reception trouble? Anyone here have any idea for this? Please provide me some useful and identical solution for this.

Re: HTC Desire HD reception poor than other Smartphone’s

You truly shouldn't utilize bars to assess your reception, especially while comparing dissimilar brands of phones with dissimilar hardware. You can notice a more precise depiction of your signal strength if you depart into "settings-about phone-network" and seem at signal strength in noise (dBm). I have a milestone and a HTC Desire HD and when the milestone exhibits more bars than the Desire HD, I in fact get superior reception on the HTC phone- and it will hold the call quite than drop the call. As well, do you have this reception problem everywhere? Or is it imperfect to one area? If you are having troubles all over, you could have a faulty device. If it is area precise, your problem is with your carrier and they may be able to shove an updated roaming list to your phone which will help.

I newly got myself a HTC Desire HD on TELUS HSDPA in Canada and have observed the reception has been very poor on my phone. I am continually having no signal or signal inferior than -110 dBm. I have located my phone next to a BB Torch 9800 on the similar network and saw that I had -98 dBm and the torch had -85 dBm. That is a vast dissimilarity. How does the signal strength on this phone contrast to other phones in your knowledge? This is my initial HSDPA phone; I migrated from a CDMA Storm 2.

I attempted the battery cover; I made certain the contacts were connection to the cover. I as well did this on the sim card cover. I have restarted the phone, dragged the sim card and cleaned the contacts, attempted it with and without a case. Not anything seemed to assist. I observed that if I place the phone on the desk it will get much improved signal than while I pick it up. One time I pick it up it right away drops a pair of bars. I am not certain if the weak signal is a bit I can live with. As well, I have observed that while I utilize the phone, on 20% brightness, playing angry birds and surfing the net I have battery draws of 30% an hour or more.

I have established the reception to be evidently poorer. My BB would exhibit full 5 bars and would not at all drop a call or have any problems with calls breaking up and being not capable to hear the other person. The genuine 'bars' was about 3 out of 4 for the android. It is 5/5 for the BB. The android signal power meter exhibits anywhere from -95 dBm to -105 dBm in the similar spot. My BB9700 shows -75 dBm. In the similar spot with the similar sim! -75 are as well as it gets.

Unfortunately it seems this HD phone and possibly other smartphones have this problem. My HTC HD phone goes into voicemail too often where a Nokia on the same carrier shows 3 - 5 bars. My solution with my HTC HD Desire is to use a Nokia PAYG to receive calls. Use a non virtual carrier which allows forwarding and set permanent forwarding to the Nokia. Works well but you need two phones. It also has the advantage that you do not need to unnecesarily carry the expensive HTC all of the time.