Thread: HTC Desire Bluetooth Dialing on Froyo 2.2

HTC Desire Bluetooth Dialing on Froyo 2.2

It’s really annoying for me. If Bluetooth voice dialing is significant to you, do not acquire a HTC Desire. I presently updated my HTC Desire to Froyo very last evening and spent the day attempting to discover the Voice Dialing application. Later than speaking to a Cellular support person I was clued-up that the HTC Desire did not comprise the voice dialing application on the Froyo 2.2 update. Anyone have any idea about this? Or anyone here ever faced this annoyingness. Any incoming comments for this most appreciated.

Re: HTC Desire Bluetooth Dialing on Froyo 2.2

If this is certainly true, this is very dreadful news for us. I am the IT Manger for a small company which is at present experimenting the HTC Desire. We were waiting for the 2.2 upgrade to detach this exact problem earlier than making a last conclusion regarding converting all of our Blackberries to the HTC Desire. No voice dialing over Bluetooth will probably be a show stopper. I mean, how can you be hands free in the car lacking of this characteristic? It's truly tough to accept as true, but I am thinking the Android platform is not quite prepared for the enterprise.

I just established with my local US Cellular rep. They ensured with HTC and its fact. No Bluetooth voice dialing as the 2.2 update for the Desire on US Cellular. This is truly unsatisfactory. I will look at a few of the applications in the Market, but the majority of the feedback I have read says you at a standstill have to do at lease on thing or another on the phone to turn on the dialing in any of the applications. Thus, it at a standstill won't actually be hands free.

I am attempting Vlingo too. It was shows potential at first. Until I exited the application and it rebooted my Desire. Since then, it's not worked by any means. Won't accomplish anything while speaking to it. I am going to uninstall and after that reinstall, but I think it's not going to be the way out. I don't think there is one unluckily. So I just ended up having to reconcile for a lesser phone, the Optimus, for those that would unable to act without the voice dialing in excess of Bluetooth. A major dispensation to say the least.

I haven't seen anybody address this problem in the way which could prove most victorious. "United we stand, divided we fall" should be totally exploited and experienced in this situation. Obviously it feels nice to vent and complain, it's accurately what I wish to perform too. Yes, it was a no brainer that Froyo from US Cellular plus each other carrier should have integrated TRUE hands free Bluetooth voice activated dialing plus all the additional commands I could direct my phone to do two years before.