Thread: HTC EVO randomly restarts itself

HTC EVO randomly restarts itself

My HTC EVO is continually rearranging and restarting itself! I have updated the EVO with Sprint's OTA fix, but that didn’t crack the problem. I have unimpeded and checked certain boxes which a few other forums say because the trouble, but it at a standstill resets. I hate being in the middle of the call and my EVO just settles on to rearrange. I had HTC’s Touch Diamond and that phone was a work of art, why does the EVO have so many problems!

Re: HTC EVO randomly restarts itself

I am having a same trouble. I had the phone for a whole week, and this hadn't occurred, but all the abrupt just yesterday, the phone revived when it was in my pocket. Not anything seemed to make it stop. I did observe though that while I charged it, it congested restarting. Essentially though, it revived one time each 30 or 40 minutes until the battery went dead. Later than I charged it fully, it didn't revive for the rest of the night. Today, it was functioning well until I place it in my pocket to go someplace. Either method, it was the similar thing restarting until the battery went dead.

At first, I was running one, but I uninstalled it later than reading that Android should manage tasks well. I have currently uninstalled Pandora also re-marked an item I had un- marked to defend battery life. That item was Menu- Settings- Wireless and Networks- Mobile Networks- Enable all the time-on mobile d, can't observe the rest. I think I read someplace to un-tick that, but I had run for a week with it un- marked. Either way, I haven't had a rearrange cycle in the hour or so that has left by since then.

I hate to be the carrier of bad news, but the task killer is possibly what is messing up the phone. Mine was performing the exact similar thing until I was informed about the actuality that Android 1.5 and over manage their tasks in a dissimilar way than their predecessors. If you have setup task manager, I advise you to uninstall it right away. It just causes troubles with the EVO because you are actually killing applications that are necessary for the phone to run. If you carry on having troubles, you will have to perform what I did and hard reset your phone.

Not to be a yank or attempt to start a flame war or something but I barely think that the FM Radio, Footprints, Sprint Zone and Sprint Football Live applications (amongst others) that look to continually load themselves are "necessary for the phone to run." There possibly others that are getting killed on which the phone may rely but I have utilized ATK as the first hour of while I purchased this phone on June 4 with completely no hiccups--and it's been mechanically killing tasks each 30 minutes for the past few days.

This could be the problem: The HTC Evo could have a grave fault in the built-in storage department. Evo user has been utilizing this device ever as Google passed them out to attendees at these years Google I/O. The supposed fault is that the 8 GB microSD cards which ships with this device, arbitrarily stops functioning and would after that emerge corrupt or blank. While an easy reboot would fix this problem temporarily, the trouble would occur again.

Naughty Re: HTC EVO randomly restarts itself

Well... try this and let me know:
    Replace your phone's battery with a genuine new htc battery..
    This restarting issue had occurred with my Sony Ericsson w800
    The thing is that every li-ion battery has a safety cut out circuit embedded in it. It is there to protect the battery from heating up in case of short circuit. It breaks the power for a few micro seconds and turns it back on. That circuit gets weak with time and eventually it assumes even a little load as a short circuit. So when you use your cellular radio [phone's communication system], it puts an immense load over the battery and the cut out circuit assumes as if the battery is being short circuited. So it cuts out the power for a few micro seconds and turns it back on. The phone, on the other hand, assumes of it as a short power failure so it reboots.
    :::::::::::::::::::
    I am very eager to know if thats the problem with your device.
    Also if you have a non genuine battery, then it would be having a weak cut-out circuit.

There can be some kind of serious defect with the sd card. This simply looks like an hardware fault. For that remove the sd card and then check back after sometime. I will also advice you to run factory settings before this. And if that does not work properly then simply show the same to nearest service center for repair. The issue is mostly due to corrupt memory card in the phone.