Thread: HTC Sync is not identifying my Inspire 4G phone

HTC Sync is not identifying my Inspire 4G phone

I have just downloaded the most recent version of HTC Sync for the Inspire 4G two times. On the other hand, my computer (Windows 7) and HTC Sync don’t identify my phone. I have the USB debugging and Disk Drive alternatives set "ON" on the phone, but not anything is functioning or syncing. Can anybody help with this? I would like to sync the phone to the computer and download files, pictures, and so on.

Re: HTC Sync is not identifying my Inspire 4G phone

Make certain you have HTC Sync unlock and operating on the screen of your computer earlier than you connect the Inspire. Until you can obtain the sync connection to work, you can at all time drag the SD card from the Inspire and attach it straight to the computer (utilizing a micro SD o USB adapter). You can after that downloads all the files and music you wish straight to the SD and after that replace it in the phone. Not a graceful solution, but one that will get the job done till you discover the sync trouble.

Here I also have few comments for you. While I first downloaded the phone it did the similar thing. To resolve this I looked at the phone while I reconnected the USB to the computer, the phone after that inquired me to choose an alternative to charge or Sync. I chosen sync and after that the whole thing went very smoothly. The software will sync your outlook contacts, ITunes and so on. So check to phone while you connect and choose the option to sync. You will be well to go.

I undergo from the similar trouble. I am utilizing Windows XP SP3. I was inculcated to reinstall the software and force the driver androidusb.inf to modernize in Device Manager. I did this. While I connect the phone, it asks me what kind of connection I wish for, I choose HTC Sync and it exploring and not at all finds the software. My PC discovers the attached phone and permits charging and so on. If I begin the software devoid of the phone hooked up it I may obtain the Phone Not Connected screen or it may only vanish altogether.

HTC Tech support inquired me to eliminate the "iTunes Music Library.xml" file in iTunes music folder and that performed it. If iTunes is permitted to run in the background while not actually utilizing iTunes then iTunes will reconstruct the file. Of course this is not an enduring solution if you utilize iTunes but if you immobilize (using "msconfig") iTunes to not run in the background while booting up, you can all the time rename the iTunes file extension from ".xml" to unusual temporarily to sync and after that rename the extension back. I wish it helps you too.

I have a solution for this which worked for me. I have McAfee, so I departed into my firewall advanced settings and distorted the "security level" to complete access. After that, I chosen "program permissions" and produced the list of programs and establish HTC Sync. HTC Sync was situate to "outbound-only access" so I distorted it to "full access". I after that switched my phone totally off and after that back on. I linked the phone to my laptop and the HTC software accepted my phone! I downloaded playlists from iTunes and images from "my pictures". I did not alter anything in iTunes, I was too afraid to! I am listening to music on my phone as I enter this message. I am happy! Now, I am on to utilizing my music to make a few ringtones!

Maybe my husband used my HTC and other things for his iPhone. How will I know

Quote Originally Posted by midgegilbert View Post
    Maybe my husband used my HTC and other things for his iPhone. How will I know
    That doesnt sounds proper, how can you use an htc device for a completely different model and company based mobile phone? Can you be more specific as to what you are asking. Either ways, you can check in logs what all calls was done on the phone or so.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's