Thread: HTC EVO™ 4G is showing poor signal in Wi-Fi connectivity.

HTC EVO™ 4G is showing poor signal in Wi-Fi connectivity.

Hello everyone, I am quite fan of using HTC phone, I like this company for their creativity with latest technology. Currently I am using HTC EVO 4G, I recently bought this cell phone. And I am facing a simple error, which I have not seen in any other HTC Wi-Fi cell phone. I am facing problem like weak signal strength. I don’t know why it is showing like this, as I have Wi-Fi zone at my home and also at my office. I hardly seat 2 to 3 feet far from router. Then too I am facing the problem. I am not able to understand what to do? Please help me with this. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: HTC EVO™ 4G is showing poor signal in Wi-Fi connectivity.

Hello friend, I wanted to add some more information about the signal strength of HTC EVO 4G. From the first day I am seeing my signal is weak, and it is always weak though I am in full signal strength area. Firstly I thought that the problem is with router, I checked the router but it was perfect as other Wi-Fi cell phone were easily giving the full signal strength. As per my experience I can say that this cell phone have some software issues. I have done a mail to company for replacement of call phone. So guys don’t use HTC EVO 4G till you don’t get any update from company about this issues. All the best!

Hello guys, I must say that above post is right and stop using this phone. Because I am using the same phone and I am also having the same problem in my cell. Previously it was not giving me any problem for Signal strength, but when I reset my phone it started to give me this error. When I got this error I again did Hard Reset my cell phone, after that I thought my problem is fixed as it didn’t give me problem for 2 days. But when I restarted my phone it again started to give me this error again. So as per my opinion those who are having same phone and same error don’t update or reset your phone. Definitely it is the software error from company itself. All the best.

Hello everyone, I am too having the same issue on my cell. I very frustrated with this error, I am feeling guilty on myself that why did I chose this cell phone. I wanted to share that what happens when I connect my phone to Wi-Fi. My HTC EVO seems to connect rapidly on startup in Wi-Fi zone. After connection it shows me 2 to 3 bars in starting, it is the only time when it shows full strength. When I start browsing, signal gets weaker and weaker accordingly. Sometime it gives me authentication error, and some time it keeps on asking me for WPA password over and over. So I am planning to drop this cell phone now and my advice is same for the user also. All the best.

Hello guys, after reading your post I can say that I am quite happy that I am not using this cell phone. But I have done some research on my friend’s HTC. He is also having the same issue, so to resolve this problem, I downloaded a test up software and after installation I forced the phone into offline mode with Wi-Fi. I was shocked to see that after doing this I was able to download at 9Mbps though it was showing 1 or 2 bar. So as per my opinion the actual problem is only that EVO is not showing signal strength correctly, but there is no problem with internet browsing. So guys just try to do the steps which I have done. All the best and I hope that you all will fix your problem.