Thread: Motorola Defy, included USB cable doesn't work

Motorola Defy, included USB cable doesn't work

Hello friends, I am having a Motorola Defy which is not more than a week old. Few days ago I went for one of my friend’s birthday party. There I took many snaps and I want to transfer the image files to the system. The problem is that when I connect my phone to the computer with the help of the USB cable, the computer does not detect my phone. I can’t understand what the problem is and I am very much worried about this issue as it is only a week old. Does anyone having any idea regarding this issue.

Re: Motorola Defy, included USB cable doesn't work

If the computer is unable to detect the phone when connected through USB cable then there might be the driver issue or the USB cable problem. First of all check that the driver is installed in the computer. For this, double click My computers and then go to Properties. Here select Hardware and then choose device manager. In the device manager, check if there is any yellow mark by the Universal serial Bus controller. If there is any yellow mark found, then the driver is not working properly. You need to reinstall the driver.

If the USB port doesn’t detect your phone device, then there must be no power in the USB port. You can test it by inserting a pen drive into the port and see if the light in the pen drive glows. If the light glows then there is no issue with the power supply on the port. Driver might not be working properly and needs to be updated. So reinstall the driver and update it. Now try to connect your phone and see whether it is detected or not. I wanted to know whether you are using a USB hub or directly connecting the cable to the USB port.

If you find that the USB port to which you have connected the phone is not working then try plugging in another port and see if it makes any difference. If the driver installed in the system is working properly then there must be some problem with the USB cable of your phone. You can check this by connecting your phone in another computer. See I the computer detect your phone device. If it does not detect, then you must be having a defective USB cable. Get it replaced with the new one.

Sometimes it may happen that, there is some fault with the software of the phone, and due to this neither the phone nor the system gets detected. First of all check whether the option for PC connectivity is displayed on your phone. If you do not see any option then surely there is a fault in the phones software. To fix it, you need to take the phone to the Motorola service center and then get the software reinstalled. As your phone is only one week old it is under warranty period so you don’t need to pay a penny.

I was much worried about my Defy phone issue, as I was not able to connect it to the CPU. As it is only few days old since I purchased it. I checked for the drivers in the device manager but they all seemed to be functioning properly. I also tried by connecting the USB cable to another port, but still the phone device was not detected by the PC. So finally I have to take it to the service center. They told me that there was some manufacturing defect in the USB cable and needs it replaced. As my phone was under warranty period, they gave me the new one.