Thread: HTC Desire Z:HTC sync for Mac is not working

HTC Desire Z:HTC sync for Mac is not working

I am using HTC Desire Z from past couple of month. I am really satisfied with the look and feel of this particular phone. I have downloaded the HTC Sync on the Mac of mine. I tried to use the same but it did not working at all. As it is not working I was not able to put the music files or videos on the phone of mine. Let me know if you are having work around to fix the matter of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: HTC Desire Z:HTC sync for Mac is not working

Well if you are going to use HTC sync on the Mac of the yours then I am sorry to say thet HTC sync is not compatible with the Mac computers. You will not be able to make use of HTC sync to synchronize the PIM information. However you will be able to transfer the files like music, photos and videos simply using the disk drive mode of the device. So I think you have figured out the why this problem is being happening in the situation of yours.

HTC sync is compatible with the HTC Desire and it will allow you to sync the contacts and calendar events from the Outlook to the device through the USB cable. You need to tap on the Home and go for Menu and go for Settings then search for Applications and finally go for Development. It will help you to sync the device of yours with the computer by simply using the HTC sync. So try the above mentioned thing and see whether it is working or not.

Well problem which you are facing might be occurring due to improper installation of the HTC sync on the Mac of yours. I recommend that you should uninstall HTC sync from the system and download the latest version of the HTC sync from the official website. once you have downloaded the latest version of the software you should install the same on the system and see whether it is working or not.

Looking at the situation which you have provided over here I am suspecting that this issue might be occurring due to bug issue. Well you need to file a bug a report on this particular matter. You need to provide everything regarding the computer configuration and the problem which you are facing while using HTC sync. The developer would work around on the situation and release the update to solve the matter of yours.

Rather than using HTC sync I recommend that you should use the device of yours a mass storage device. Well you should connect the phone of yours to the Mac by using the USB cable and simply copy the videos and music files on the device of yours. another way is to remove the SD card from the phone simply copy all the files on the SD card and reinstall the SD card on the HTC Desire of yours. I am hoping that it will help you out.