Thread: Android Gingerbread Update For HTC Evo

Android Gingerbread Update For HTC Evo

It seems to me that we are being absent in the mysterious regarding the new Gingerbread update for HTC EVO? I can appreciate all the most up-to-date news regarding new smartphones and gadgets except not a solitary peer regarding Gingerbread, particularly designed for the Evo. What's the compact? I merely want a few bit of information on what the development is if whichever. I might even be okay through a Yes otherwise a No thus I can plan on buying a new android smartphone. Otherwise I should go for iphone.

Re: Android Gingerbread Update For HTC Evo

I've called HTC concerning this numerous times, and each particular moment they offer me the run about. I'm a comparatively new HTC Evo holder (approximately a month), I purchased this mobile phone with the purpose that it would certainly receive the latest OS update (2.3, 2.4, otherwise still ice-cream in the far-away prospect) and the latest GUI update (Sense), except I'm sentiment a bit japed kind of speak. My point is this; Sprint as well as HTC requires sitting behind otherwise anything it takes and approach to a few kind of contract.

If they not at all emerge through an Official Gingerbread free intended for the GTC Evo there is forever rooting and utilizing the AOSP edition of Gingerbread. I am presently running Gingerbread on my HTC Evo. This does approach at the cost of logic UI, except if HTC as well as Sprint do not wish for to obtain along it won’t clutch me back from receiving the latest Android OS. I distinguish they are opening work on porting Honeycomb for the HTC Evo but there is not sure news about it.

You have your pick of options while it comes to receiving the most up-to-date Android 2.3 on the HTC EVO 4G, counting CyanogenMod 7 through WiMAX support - we've still observed Honeycomb forced to run on EVO hardware (although not extremely fine in any way) - except there's still no authorized update obtainable for users who sense further contented running their mobile phones on carrier-accepted firmware. HTC client service has lately allowed trip that Gingerbread intended for the EVO is presently in the works, by a release expected previous to the ending of Q2 2011.

A consumer getting out within an email to HTC for a condition update on top of the Gingerbread potentials for together the EVO 4G as well as Thunderbolt heard flipside this Q2 opinion for mutual phones, strengthening the previous Q2 prophecy we had heard in support of the Thunderbolt. Whilst HTC wasn't eager to thin down that range at the moment, the corporation assures Facebook as well as Twitter statements on one occasion knows for certain while Gingerbread will be incoming for each and every one of devices being paid it.

The most up-to-date to emerge of their always-busy firmware workshops is an Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread ROM designed for Sprint's HTC EVO 4G. The illegal Gingerbread update intended for the EVO 4G is obtainable for download, and according to public who have previously used it out, it functions flawlessly. That is huge news allowing for that previous moment while we observed Android 2.3 running on the EVO 4G it was overwhelmed by defects. Unluckily, the Sense UI edition seems to be the equivalent older one like for all time, except we traverse our fingers that HTC will care for us to an update in the authorized release.