Thread: HTC Desire Z: Support for Exchange sync to MS Exchange 2010 server?

HTC Desire Z: Support for Exchange sync to MS Exchange 2010 server?

Well I am having HTC Desire Z from past couple of days. from past few days I am having strange problem with the phone of mine. I have noticed that the Exchange Synch is unable to sending the Email and also it is unable to sync the contacts. Let me know if you are having same problem like me and also let me know if you are having any having suggestion to fix the problem of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: HTC Desire Z: Support for Exchange sync to MS Exchange 2010 server?

As far as I know the thing which you are looking for is not being supported by the phone of yours. I mean to say that the HTC Desire Z is not having support for Exchange 2010 servers. Still it is suspected that it would work by HTC. I am unable to find out why this particular thing is not supported by the HTC phone. Right only Blackberry and iPhone are having support for the Exchange 2010 servers. So we need to wait till the developer take some proper action on the matter.

Well according to me there is no way to get this particular thing until and unless you have installed any third party application on the device of yours. I am suggesting that you should go for TouchDown app. You can get this particular app from the official website of the developer. This particular app will let you to connect with the corporate with the corporate emails of yours through android powered mobile phones.

I am posting the following features of the TouchDown which would be helpful to better understanding of the feature.
    1. Push Email
    2. HTML Email
    3. Download Attachment
    4. Custom HTML Signature
    5. Server Search
    6. Custom Notification
    7. Meeting Responses
    8. Email Folders

I was having the same kind of issue which you have mentioned above. I have done lots of research work and I have found that the there was an issue with the handling of the email accounts for the domain admin. I have solved the problem of mine by simply dropping the domain admin and I have found that after doing the same the thing is begin to work fine. So you need to look on the Domain admin and see whether there is any issue or not.

Thanks a lot for the suggesting TouchDown app it seems to working fine I am really happy with the same. It does not make any sense if the HTC is not having any planning for supporting of MS exchange on this particular phone and you know that there is support for Exchange 2008 but so far there is no disclaimer has been given from the Exchange 2010 from the manufacturer. I think we need to wait till the manufacturer take some action on this particular matter.

SOLUTION FOUND:

Might have been already posted - worked on mine.

i) downgrade your phone (difficult part)
    ii) un-install exchange account
    iii) upgrade phone
    iv) set up exchange email

That worked for me. Merely un-installing - re-installing without downgrade didn't work.

Took ages but phone can send emails (that arrive!) and syncs properly contacts & calendar.
    Will un-install exchange for every further update to avoid such a mess again. HTC really needs to wake up and smell coffee - it's a business phone they're selling. Support sucks!
    Next one will be a RIM!