Thread: Motorola Defy is not Switching ON

Motorola Defy is not Switching ON

Hi, I am using Motorola Defy which is running Android OS, from last 4 months. And within so less month of use it has started showing up with problems. Yesterday I was listening to music in my mobile and it turned off all of a sudden. I tried turning it on but all my efforts went in vain. It’s being more than one day now and still my problem is not getting solved. This thing is irritating me now as I am unable to contact anyone with my mobile phone dead and all my contact saved in my mobile. Does anyone know what must be the issue with my mobile? Please help me.

Re: Motorola Defy is not Switching ON

You said that the mobile switched off all of a sudden while you were listening to music, then probably the problem is with your battery. It might be possible that your battery power must have got drained and that is why your mobile phone is not turning ON back. So, I would recommend you to put your mobile phone in charge for few hours and then try to switch your mobile On. Charging your mobile battery should probably solve your problem and start your mobile phone back like before.

According to me your Motorola Defy is not switching on because of the following two reasons.
    • It might be possible that your battery power is drained, so you need to get your mobile charged. You should remember that it will take some time for the battery of your mobile to reach the threshold. After reaching this threshold point, the battery will be able to switch on your phone.
    • If nothing seems to be working then it is possible that your battery is faulty and it needs to be replaced with a new working one. Check if your mobile starts once you have changed the old battery to a new charged one.

Thank you, guys for your quick replies. It was very kind of you people to spend some time on my post and try to help a complete stranger like me. Your suggestions were appreciated but they were of no help to me now. After my mobile switched off, I also taught that the problem must have risen due to low battery power, so I had put it on charge. Even after charging my mobile for many hours, nothing seems to be helping. I even replaced my battery with another one. A working battery is also not helping me to start my mobile. I am unable to understand what must be done now. Please someone help me. It will be very kind of you to do so.

I am not sure whether this will help you or not, but I would suggest you to atleast give the Hard Reset method a try and check whether your system will work or not.
    • Switch off the Defy, remove the battery and insert it again after some time.
    • After inserting the battery, press and hold the volume down button on your mobile.
    • Press the power button and hold it until your mobile turns on.
    • When a small DROID logo appears press the lower right side of the mobile touch screen.
    • A menu with FASTBOOK, RECOVERY, CLEAR STORAGE, and SIMLOCK option will appear.
    • To clear the data in your mobile, you must select CLEAR STORAGE option, by pressing the Volume Down button
    • Now Press and release the Power button.
    • Confirm your decision by pressing Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO
    • The phone will reboot itself to its factory default state after you are done completing the above process.

Hey dude, you should probably contact the retailer form whom you purchased your mobile or contact the nearest Motorola Customer Care Center and take their help to solve your issue. They are the best people with all the required technical knowledge to solve all your problems. And as its being just 4 months that you brought your mobile, your mobile phone will be still within the warranty period. So you can claim your warranty and get your Motorola Defy repaired or even replaced based on the condition of defect in your mobile phone. This thing won’t even cost you anything now, as your mobile still has a warranty period.