Thread: Motorola DEFY: Is it possible to go directly to Android 2.3 Gingerbread

Motorola DEFY: Is it possible to go directly to Android 2.3 Gingerbread

Being a software developer myself, I am frightened seeing a few type of Linux running on this. But as well, I would not misuse so much time to realize a custom Android 2.2 Froyo for the device, if Google had just in print the API for Android 2.3 Gingerbread. As I implicit, it’s even simpler to implement, because the UI upgrade does not necessitate as much customization as the Android versions earlier. And I would truly faith Google here; they know how to execute interfaces. Obviously you could leave the MotoBlur optional as it previously is, some like it, and others hate it.

Re: Motorola DEFY: Is it possible to go directly to Android 2.3 Gingerbread

To the extent that I have heard, the 2.2 android update for Defy is previously being deployed on Asia, and, it's planned to be deployed here on the next pair of months. But your point is more than accurate. As shown on CES, Motorola previously have devices with 2.3 versions. And for what I have seeing regarding the specs, the Defy could flawlessly run it, but I truly don't know what Motorola mean to do regarding it. While the Defy had arrived, the 2.2 version was previously on market, and at a standstill it came with 2.1.

I as well have the Defy since January 2011s. I have a query, maybe inexperienced: could it be, while Moto released the Defy, that the 2.2 was not previously completely tested or validated? I know that the Milestone 2 (Droid 2 elsewhere) was released here at the similar time, previously had the 2.2, but don't know if this was the case universal. Anyhow, it shouldn't be so tricky for getting OS updates for the Moto Android phones.

You know, Motorola is missing the timing here. They think that we at a standstill in the days the customers were faithful. You observe, they didn't realize up till now that the users are purchasing technology, not brands. Those that like to purchase brands, they purchase Apple stuff. If I require the most excellent technology for my money, I favor a Smartphone with android. But make no mistake, if I establish a software which I want and it doesn't work on my Smartphone because the edition of the OS, and the manufacturer don't release a novel one, that is previously present on other phones, I will certainly trade my Smartphone and for a novel manufacturer I am certain of it.

I also wish to add something in this case. I concur. It is dim that I can't compile and install most recent Android myself (which I can do with Linux on my machine even though it was purchased with Windows). And it is even dimmer to force un-useful software on people. Countless stuff preinstalled on my defy which I can't eliminate without rooting my phone. I don't mind if there is crap software installed if I can eliminate it.

You utilized a strong language, but you are correct in all points. Users are by far not as dim as companies wish they would be, they notice what a good phone the DEFY is and purchase it because of the hardware. No one cares or wants the proprietary software on it. If they would just proclaim the DEFY with a plain 2.3 gingerbread, that would be the assassin deal for all. It would be a recent user oriented way of marketing that has immense victory nowadays. Motorola and the users would expand from it. And if someone wants MotoBlur after that he could install it.