Thread: Unable to connect Sony Ericsson Xperia play to computer in MTP mode

Unable to connect Sony Ericsson Xperia play to computer in MTP mode

Hey guys, I had faced some issues regarding this Sony Ericsson Xperia Play cell phone. I want to connect this cell phone to the computer into the MTP mode but I when I connect it will does not show any type of content in the My Computer. I had also tried to view this cell phone memory content to the command prompt but it does not able to show the content. There is inbuilt wifi connectivity present in this cell phone and also the other microUSB v2.0 USB facility presents for connecting it to the PC but it does not works.

Re: Unable to connect Sony Ericsson Xperia play to computer in MTP mode

Hey dude, you try to connect the cell phone to the computer into the MTP mode. See, the MTP is a Media Transfer Protocol which is designed for transferring the media files and the different data between the cell phone and the computer devices. This is the main reason for designing this MTP mode. If you try to open this cell phone memory but it could not be open then you need to install the Sony Ericsson PC suite. This software helps you to easily connect your mobile to the computer without any error message.

Hi, I think you need to firstly check that the connected cable is to be in the working situations or not. If it not works in well then replace it with the new one. After that you need to check the driver of the Sony Ericson cell phone is installed into the computer or not. If it doesn’t install then install it properly. Sometimes the driver we installed is to be not works then in that case update this driver with the new driver. So, if you can upgrade this then it could be possible that this can be works and the trouble is to be solved.

Hi, I think you discuss very good point that is the MTP is specially designed for connecting the USB storage devices directly to the computer system. So, the error connectivity occurred in you devices is might be the cell phones driver did not present in the computer. If it does not present in the computer then you need to install it. If it presents and still the error is occurred then you need to contact the network engineer. He helps you to solve this kind of issues because there is sometime the internal connectivity issue is presents. Hence, I think they will solve your trouble.

Hey, I also faced the similar kind of issue and I try to install this Sony Ericsson PC suite software but it can’t help me to solve the connectivity issues. Then I had use the user guide manual of the cell phone. There is complete process presents in this manual which can be gives the complete details of the mobile connectivity to the computer system. Hence, I think you also need to read this mobile phone manual. It helps you to solve this kind of connectivity issues.

Hi, I think there is some kind of internal damaged happens in either your cell phone it could be in the computer. Whenever we try to connect the cell phone to the computer then in that case we need to firstly check that whether this connected cable is works really well or not. If it cuts within the few points then in that case you need to replace that cable with the new worked cable. Hence if the same case happens in your case then change that cable and try to avoid this trouble.