Thread: Motorola CLIQ not working properly after upgrading to 2.1 firmware

Motorola CLIQ not working properly after upgrading to 2.1 firmware

I had terrible troubles with my last Motorola Cliq, so T-Mobile replaced it for me. While I got the fresh one I upgraded to 2.1 Firmware. Well at present I have a few major troubles. While it arrives to contacts, loading contacts, filling pictures for contacts. Loading up the information one time a contact is clicked, attempting to send text messages, and so on. The phone is too slow at loading, or lagging as a term lots of may be well-known with. While I click whoever from my contacts list (to seem at his information i.e. send a text, call, etc), it will take 30 to 40 seconds and pops back to the contact list. I really not understand how to solve this annoying issue. Please someone help me to solve this issue.

Re: Motorola CLIQ not working properly after upgrading to 2.1 firmware

First do left with the task killers and managers. They cause troubles in excess of anything. Second a factory reset is the most excellent method to fix lots of troubles later than the upgrade. Now as for the call screen trouble. Make certain to switch the speaker on earlier than you do anything on a call or the nearness sensor will shut off the screen. It’s on the pinnacle of the screen by the ear slot. If you get near it darkens the screen. But the speaker on it should be off.

I am not having much fortune searching the factory reset option with 2.1 seems like it changed as I had to do it earlier, been hunting the forums, but the just thing I could discover was involving the camera key or something, and I couldn’t even get it to come about. Will factory reset take me reverse to 1.5? Does this mean I have to utilize speakerphone whenever I wish to make a call? I can't do that, the proximity sensor I guess all the time thinks the phone is at my ear.

Well the factory reset is currently in privacy settings. This will not formulate your phone go back to 1.5. There is a way back also but it involves in excess of a reset. The sensor will just go off if you are on a call and not utilizing the speaker. By having a feel close to it. The cell assumes it’s your face and goes dark. As for the phone. I had 3 clips and just necessary 2 to be swap. I currently have the Cliq 2. My old Cliq at a standstill work if required I not at all had much problem with them apart from for the lag at times.

I had the exact similar troubles with contacts and the screen for the time of calls. No way out that I know of, just got a replacement Cliq from T-Mobile and thinking I may just live lacking the 2.1 upgrade, as that looks to be what is causing all the problems. If I do attempt to upgrade, it looks like the just solution may be to understand how to root the phone and dispose of the Motoblur apps. What's great annoying is that I keep hearing the similar suggestion from T-Mobile and these support forums on what possibly causing the trouble (task managers) and how to detach it (do one more hard reset, dispose of certain apps) but not any of it assists for in excess of a few days. I have spent way more time attempting to fix this phone than I have ever spent fixing my PC.

I attempted this today myself. After distributing so many troubles everybody else seems to be having (especially 2.1), and doing the similar steps they did myself to no benefit. Then seeing that Motorola knows of the problem, T-Mobile knows that they know, and the just thing T-Mobile will accomplish is assist you do factory resets over the phone, after that if sufficient of those fail and you protest sufficient, they will send you replacements until you just can't take it anymore, like me.