Thread: Unable to recevie text message on Sony Ericson Xperia X10 mini

Unable to recevie text message on Sony Ericson Xperia X10 mini

I am having Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini from past 4 months. From past few days I am getting an issue at the time of receiving text message on the device of mine. Phone is working great but I am unable to receive the text for a moment. After several hour I am receiving all the text message through the flurry of the activity. During that particular period I was unable to send the text message or make a phone call. Let me know if you are having any suggestion to solve the problem of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

re: Unable to recevie text message on Sony Ericson Xperia X10 mini

Well looking at the problem of yours it is quite difficult to find out where is the problem. Whether it is an issue with the device or the service provider itself. Let me know whether you have inserted the new SIM on the phone or you have inserted phone from the other device? I am suggesting that you should insert the simcard into the other handset and see whether you are getting any issue or not. Let me know the answers of the above mentioned thing.

I am suggeting that you should go for the Factory Reset and see wheter it is working or not.
    • You should tap on the Application bar from the Home screen and go for Settings. From where you need to go for SD card and Phone Storage.
    • You have to search for the Factory Data Reset and tap on the Reset phone and type the unlock code.

After doing the same you will restore your phone to the factory default settings.

I was also having the same problem which you have mentioned over here. Well after doing lots pf tricks and tweaks i have found that the this particular problem is not associated with the network issue. You can avoid this particular problem by simply making a call to any of the random number and you will receive the text messages on the phone of yours. So try the above mentioned trick and let me know the results for the same.

Well i am suspecting that this particular problem is occurring due to the firmware issue which you have installed on the phone of yours. I recommend that you should install the latest firmware on the phone of yours and see whether you are able to fix the problem of yours. Make sure that you have back up the data of the phone memory before doing the firmware upgrade. Why because all the data which you have stored on the phone memory would be erased during the firmware upgrade process.

I don't know what could be the root cause of the problem but i am having an universal solution to fix the problem of yours. I recommend that you should visit the official service center and claim for the service warranty. I am highly suspecting that this particular problem is occurring due to the hardware issue so it is better to visit the service center rather then looking for the solution on the forum. One thing i would like to state that the device of yours should not have any physical damage otherwise would not be able to claim for the service warranty.