Thread: Sony Ericson Xperia X10 mini: Unable to sync phone contacts

Sony Ericson Xperia X10 mini: Unable to sync phone contacts

I am having Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini. Well after updating the device of mine I have found that I was unable to sync contact of mine with the SE sync as well as Gmail contacts sync. Whenever I am doing this particular thing I am getting an error message on the screen. I have also noticed that the most of the contacts were missing. I am unable to find out anything to fix the problem of mine. Let me know if you are having any suggestion to fix the problem of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Sony Ericson Xperia X10 mini: Unable to sync phone contacts

Well according to me you need to see that you can only sync the contacts on your Gmail account in case you have saved the Google Contacts in the phone of yours. you need to tap on the Phonebook icon from the Home screen. Now you have to press on the Menu button and then simply look for the Contacts in order to view the same. You need to use either mark or unmark options and see whether there are any contacts are saved into those accounts.

Thanks a lot for the prompt replies of yours. I have saved all the contacts on the phone memory of the device. I am looking to make backup and restore to the restore the contacts. I have already deleted all the contacts on the Gmail and SE sync. Each and every time I have saved the all the new contacts on the phone of mine and the sync icon was shown on the notification bar. After doing lots of efforts I have found that the no data has been sent to the Gmail.

yes you are right you have saved the all the contacts on the phone memory rather than that of the Google contacts. For e.g. when you are trying to add new contacts the phone would prompt whether you are going to save contacts on the Phone contacts or Google Contacts. If you are looking to sync with the Gmail account then you need to add the all the contacts on the Google accounts. I am hoping that it would be helpful to meet the requirement of yours.

Finally I have managed to solve this particular problem which I was getting on the phone of mine. the solution is quite simple you need to delete all the sync accounts except the one which you wanted on the Gmail account. Now you should contact the device of your with computer using USB cables. Now import all the contacts on the Gmail account. Finally you need to sync the same. This particular thing is working in the both direction.

I am not sure that the thing which I am going to discuss would be useful to you or not. well I have seen that such problem might be occurring due to Gmail server issue which was preventing the Gmail app from the auto syncing. I let you know that server issue persist for the short interval of time period. However you need to see account is experiencing the server issue or not. Server issue can affect the sync with the Gmail App.