Thread: Motorola CLIQ: Screen Lock not Working

Motorola CLIQ: Screen Lock not Working

My Motorola Cliq is situate to lock the screen (no password, just the screen lock) later than 30 seconds if idleness. As well, initially the power button on the right side with one shove would lock the screen. Both of these worked formerly, and at present neither will lock the screen. Checked and the settings at a standstill say to lock screen after: 30. I can't discover any technique to lock the screen. What happened? Please someone help me.

Re: Motorola CLIQ: Screen Lock not Working

Happy it’s working for me. Next time if it occurs. Make sure the Screen Lock option has a green check mark next to it to appear it is enabled in addition to checking to observe what the Screen Timeout is situate to. Menu >Settings >Display and security >Screen timeout and Screen lock. If it occurs again. Be certain to let us know! Thanks for confirming you checked the settings. Coming as of a Windows Mobile device it was a theatrical change at first.

Actually mine did the similar thing. I had it situate to pattern lock after 10 min and had the green checkmark enabling the padlock with the power key feature. It worked for quite a lot of hours and after that stopped locking. While I would shove the power button it would set off dark but the screen wouldn't lock any longer and the pattern lock not at all kicked in. I unchecked the lock feature and rechecked it plus made a novel pattern pass code but neither fixed the trouble. However, powering down the phone totally and restarting it made the lock feature start functioning again. Just thought I would share as there seemed to be somebody else having this trouble too.

My screen lock with noticeable pattern security works indiscriminately. This combined with the casual restarts or random shutdowns and no means to immobilize the power off button while screen lock is on makes for a very frustrating Cliq experience. I had the MT3G and the G1 earlier than this, and had not experienced any of this kind of irritations. I wish Motorola comes out with a few fixes shortly!

I am having a same problem. All of an unexpected today at any time I push the power/lock button, it all the time pops up with the power off menu, it won't just lock. I checked my settings and they are right. I have tried pulling the battery and resuming 3 times now, and the lock button will work one time or two times and after that relapse to just popping the power menu back up. Any ideas? Is my device faulty? I attempted battery exclusion a 4th time and that appears to have done the trick. I have experienced the key about many times and it is performing as it should be.

I am as well having the similar screen lock problems. It doesn’t matter if I utilize standard screen-lock (no password) or pattern-code lock. Screen lock typically does work while I first turn the phone on, but after that will just stop functioning out of nowhere after a pair hours, or if I plug it in to charge. The thing that looks to remedy this is to power cycle the phone (occasionally several times in a row) but it is beginning to become time intense to have to perform that so frequently. I have checked my defense settings and the green checkmark is lit up, and so on. It looks I am not the just one with this problem, is there a fix for the insect that we can perform ourselves or any chance there will be an over-the air-update to remedy the trouble.